Is it Worth Eating at the T-REX Restaurant at Downtown Disney?

Elarix

Earning My Ears
I've seen some mixed reviews about this place with the main complaint that it is very loud inside while eating there. Is it worth eating here?

I've seen some mixed reviews about this place with the main complaint that it is very loud inside while eating there. Is it worth eating here?
I have not been yet, but have heard great things about it. My 5 year old and I have reservations there next Thursday.

Kids love it for the atmosphere and to be honest it is pretty cool. Otherwise the food is uninspiring but edible. We also loved the T-rex themed t-shirts, especially the clap if your happy one.

We did it once, and never again. It was extremely loud, ridiculously loud. My head hurt when we left. Never again. Not worth it

It is VERY LOUD! But, we took our son during his MAW trip and he loved it. Would we go back if my son asked, yes. Otherwise I wouldn't return but.......if it's for the kid(s) go for it. The food is ok....similar to your local chain like Applebee's....maybe a little better :rolleyes1.

It's loud but it's also fun. If you have kids who love dinosaurs or are a big kid yourself and are willing to trade the better quality entrees to be found at other DD restaurants (eg Raglan Road) for the atmosphere and animatronics, then do it at least once. A few of the dinos are a bit intense (eg the big T-Rex at the entrance) and that's something to keep in mind with very small children. Perhaps watch a few of the youtube videos to get a visual taste of what the place is like.

Yes, if you have children who love the dinosaurs. The food is expensive TGIF fare, but it was always worth the hassle for us when my son was a picky eater and hated sitting in a restaurant.

We dined at the T-Rex on our last trip to Disney. It's extremely loud. We were seated next to the main T-rex, while it was very cool we constantly had to deal with people jostling past our table to take a good picture with it. A warning for small children is the meteor shower that occurs every twenty minutes. It's unnecessarily loud and caused the small infant sitting next to use to burst into tears. In my opinion your money is better spent eating at Planet Hollywood.

Tip:If you do eat here a reservation is strongly recommended! During our trip(spring break) we heard that people had waited up to two hours to get in!

Everyone should try it once for the atmosphere and to walk around and check out all the "rooms" and dinosaurs.

Is it loud? - OH YES IT IS! Meteor showers are not quiet, the ceilings are cavernous and carry noise and it's big.
Is the food good? It's not bad, it's not great, it's average. And I feel more overpriced than Rainforest.
Service? Well ..... I don't know if there is a lack of staff scheduled or just the attitude but in many visits I've never had good service and usually have to flag them down for more drinks.

May I suggest if you are on the fence just go and have dessert. We do it all the time at Rainforest. The big dessert you can share is the Extinction and while it is just an average dessert in taste it is fun when it is delivered and you can enjoy the restaurant for a short time without too much money invested.

Been once with the granddaughter she liked it. It is cool for the kids. Food is just food..nothing special. Did it once and would only go back if I hear, grandpa.please...

The kids love this place. My first meal there, the food was uninspiring and the drinks water down. On my last trip, the food was amazing. Stick to burgers and steaks. The atmosphere is pretty cool and is a once in a lifetime experience. DO it for the kids, they will love it!

My boys are 9 and 6 turning 7 on the trip so we are going to try it out because Imthink they will love it.

I would say yes. Unlike RFC, you're not going to find them everywhere. Is it signature food...no, but we enjoyed it, the service was great, and we found the whole setting to be pretty neat. Our younger one was 4 at the time and scared by some of it, but she still really enjoyed herself.

If you have kids who like dinosaurs then yes. It is not a sit down and have a lengthly discussion atmosphere, but we found it very fun and one of the better dining experiences of that trip. The food (ribs) were great and the dessert was a volcano which the kids loved. Next TS dining plan we get will include a stop here.

We go every time we're down at WDW. My kids are 4 and 3 and love that place but they're also really into dinosaurs. Food is just like any other similar chain restaurant food.

It's a must do for us every trip. My 8 yr old is super excited about it. We've enjoyed the food each time we've been so definitely worth it to us.

Themed atmosphere there is unique and fun, but food is average at best. A "one and done" type of place.

It is loud, but I think it's worth going once. I think the food is just ok, but DH likes the ribs and a couple of years ago he had a great steak there.

It's worth trying at least once. The food is decent- nothing amazing. The atmosphere is really cool. DS loves dinosaurs so that's the reason we went. It was loud but it didn't bother anyone in our party of 12. I'd pick TRex over Rainforest Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter