• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth getting ART passes when staying at Courtyard Marriott?

marcar12

Mouseketeer
Hi! We will be staying at the Courtyard Marriot Theme Park Entrance hotel this summer (we will be first time Disneylanders). I had been considering getting ART passes in order to have a bus to ride back to the hotel for our afternoon breaks each day. I know that the Courtyard is only a 8-9 minute walk, but any fewer steps we can manage, the better (my husband has flat feet and is always in a lot of pain by day 3 of Disney trips.)
Thanks for any input!

I’ve stayed at the HoJo by the Marriott. Once we had someone in the party with mobility issues who was trying to conserve every step and did get an ART pass to take the bus to DL. It worked out pretty well.

You have to spend the extra time waiting for the correct line (I THINK you can take either the Clementine or Disney Way lines, but please double check), so it doesn’t save time but it did save some steps.

So, if you are in a situation where it is very critical to save every step possible, I’d say go for it. If you’re just looking for something to make things a little easier, I’d say it probably isn’t worth it, because the walk is not far.

I’ve stayed at the HoJo by the Marriott. Once we had someone in the party with mobility issues who was trying to conserve every step and did get an ART pass to take the bus to DL. It worked out pretty well.

You have to spend the extra time waiting for the correct line (I THINK you can take either the Clementine or Disney Way lines, but please double check), so it doesn’t save time but it did save some steps.

So, if you are in a situation where it is very critical to save every step possible, I’d say go for it. If you’re just looking for something to make things a little easier, I’d say it probably isn’t worth it, because the walk is not far.
Thank you! Do you happen to know where the stop was that they used?
Maybe we will give it a day and see how the walk goes before we decide. But I do think that there is a way to see where each bus is using the app, so that seems helpful.

Thank you! Do you happen to know where the stop was that they used?
Maybe we will give it a day and see how the walk goes before we decide. But I do think that there is a way to see where each bus is using the app, so that seems helpful.
This was a few years back, and I didn’t take the bus myself. But I recall it being right between the HoJo and Marriott.

I would also check the schedule. When we went last December, the ART didn’t run in the middle of the day. Well it did on demand only but it seemed like it took around 45 minutes to arrive. That would take up your rest afternoon.

Best I can tell from Google Maps, there are 2 stops next to the Howard Johnson. The 460 line and the Clementine line. Both go on Manchester Avenue which runs parallel to both hotels and loops behind the Courtyard. The Clementine line stop is in the bus drop off just before security. The 460 line stop is on Harbor Blvd. I don't think the 460 line is going to go back the way you need it to. I bet the Clementine would be your best bet as that appears to make a loop.

Map-1-page-2-002-1.png

Have you considered an ECV for your husband? Not sure if he has issues standing, but he could potentially be waiting for quite some time for the ART bus. And it would eat up a considerable amount of time. An ECV could be helpful for when he just can't go anymore in the parks too.

oh I did not realize there was a stop there now. This was not the case in 2019, or I missed it and I would have used it!

We stayed at the HoJo a LONG time ago (Aug of 2007) and used the ART. We had an 11 month old and it saved a lot of steps at the end of the day. I wouldn’t buy a pass for your whole stay, but rather see where you are and buy it if you need it.

I think you are overestimating the distance. It's like walking from Space Mountain to Town Square. It isn't a significant walk.

I would also check the schedule. When we went last December, the ART didn’t run in the middle of the day. Well it did on demand only but it seemed like it took around 45 minutes to arrive. That would take up your rest afternoon.
^^This! I would contact ART and see if they are still doing on demand during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter