• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth it to pay for Front of the Line in Universal California

Mary Anne

DIS Veteran
If we don't do the tour but just do a one day at Universal is it worth it to pay for the Front of the Line access. We have our Universal Day penciled in for Friday, July 1st which is the start of the 4th of July weekend. We will have to leave by about 5 pm as we have tickets to the Dodger Game that night.

you go early and you don't back track. The park is very concentrated; so, you can get around it very fast. Have a plan to see the rides you want and do them in the best order without back tracking.

We were there during a holiday weekend (Memorial Day) and we were there on Saturday for our other times. I think the parks were busy but we managed to get it all in. We manage everytime to see everything in the same day. We skipped one ride because we don't like huge roller coasters.
:angel:

I just have to say it depends on how much you want to "commando" the park. We went on a Sunday in the summer and bought FOTL passes and were so glad we did. The Terminator, BackLot Tour, Mummy and Jurrasic Park water ride were at least a 30-45 minute wait each and we walked right on. We got there at opening and stayed until about 5 and felt like we did everything at an enjoyable pace...the key word being enjoyable. Plus it was HOT. Many people in regular lines were unaware of the perk and we got plenty of glares and a few snide remarks walking right on. If you only have one day and want to be sure and experience every ride and attraction without long lines, I would do it. We are going to WDW and plan one day only at Universal and we are buying FOTL. The tickets (in CA) were about twice as much and for a family could be very expensive. I think we paid $80 each. Have fun whatever you decide :flower: It's a fun place.

Yes, the prices are about $80 each; we are also looking at the VIP tour that includes the admission to Universal, FOTL pass and a exclusive tour. My 14 year old is really interested in the tour. However the thought of paying close to $600 for one day is really chocking me. I think since it is only one day at a minimum we really need to do the fotl pass. I doubt very much that we'll be back in California ever again (yeah I know, famous last words) and I always hated when I was a kid and you heard of people going places (like DisneyLand) and you'd ask how did they like this or that and they'd say "Oh we were just there, we didn't do anything, it cost too much money. :( Really bugged me as a 8 year old then, and bugs me even more now at .... well lets just say I'm slightly older then DisneyLand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter