Is it worth it?

We've done 1 and 4 - it's ok - but YC to CBR = too big of a step. Maybe the Dolphin to CBR is a better move.

1. We're doing our first split stay later this year. I was hesitant but people who do it rave about it. I've stayed at a half dozen Disney resorts and they're all just so unique and cool in their own way. A split stay is a great way to experience more than one because they're all worth experiencing. But I agree a 1-nighter is probably not worth it.
  2. Just a suggestion: Try to put a little more detail in your subject lines. "Is it worth it?" doesn't help people to understand what's being discussed and some message boards even remove that stuff for being click bait. Something like "A Split Stay: Is it Worth it?" helps people to better understand the topic before clicking.

I did a Christmas stay last year, 6 days, 4 resorts. It was not an issue for me. I was staying only at DVC resorts and they bell staff picks up and moves your things over to the next resort. I assume it works the same with moderate resorts. You do have to plan well. Pack up everything you don't need the following morning the night before and so on.

Ok you’ve convinced me to not try the split stay lol. We stayed at CBR in November and loved it there, but we are thinking about trying CSR this time. But I sure did love the Skyliner so I’m not sure which to do.
I like Carribean more. Like all the different colored houses and islands. Espeically with Skyliner

Coronado Springs is horrid now with that monstrosity of a skyskraper addition.
If you want to sample CSR then do 1st day at CSR and then split over to CBR.

Your sig suggests there'd be 1 adult and 3 kids to pack up and move, making a 1-4 split stay more hassle than it's worth, IMO. It also means the cost of a water park day may be as much as the cost of a room upgrade, depending on the kids' ages. I'd be inclined to stay at CBR for the full trip.

Both CBR & CSR have fun feature pools and beautiful grounds. Both CBR & CSR have multiple bus stops, longish bus rides. But CBR has the Skyliner hub... win!!! Not only do you have faster, easier access to 2 parks, but to all the restaurants at CBR, Pop/AoA, Riviera and World Showcase throughout your stay.

A resort day at CBR sounds awesome to me! With the money saved, you could also take your boys to Fort Wilderness Campground for a horseback ride, bike rentals or kayak rentals - bus to MK then boat to FWC or Skyliner to DHS then bus to FWC. Also consider miniature golf. If the weather doesn't cooperate, go bowling and see a movie in Disney Springs.

Enjoy the other fun things to do on a Disney vacation without the hassle of moving your family on the 2nd day of your vacation. Perhaps on a future trip, you may want to add a deluxe resort day to END of your trip. Stepping up to a deluxe is way better than stepping down, IMO.

I would do the split stay! If it stresses you out, then maybe try for Blizzard Beach. When we do split stays we always bring two pieces of luggage. Everything we need for the first split in one suitcase and everything we need for the second in the other. Toiletries in the first suitcase and then pull those out when you get to your other hotel. Super easy. Bellhop has always transferred our luggage to our next hotel while we're in the park.

My first thought was that it sounds like fun! You’d get access to SAB for two days. I wouldn’t unpack everything at YC. I think it depends on your traveling party too. I have two toddlers winch equals a lot of junk to move. If you could swing two nights at YC it would totally be worth it. I’d do CBR if so bc of Skyliner access.

I'm a bit late to this party, but I've thought of the same thing and figured out that it's cheaper, since I'm already doing park hoppers, to simply add the plus option to the hoppers and go to the water park than it is to add a night at YC for SAB. So, I vote that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter