Is it worth leaving Magic Kingdom?

I've been to Disney in May a few times, and we left the park to go eat... It takes a few hours, but we would usually go right back to the park and stay until closing time. We never felt like we missed anything, and I always made my fastpasses around the meal times. Good luck!

This is a purely subjective question. The question is pure whether YOU think it is worthwhile. What the rest of us do isn't really relevant.

That said, we've done both. What we choose to do is a combo of cost, how many rides we hope to cover, how we feel, and most important- how late MK is open.

I take that back. The most important factor is the WEATHER. If it is cold/rainy/windy/hot, then the break might come in handy.

Just a thought here, but maybe you could eat at Kona on your departure day. I try to avoid important ADR's on arrival day myself.

Oh, and also keep in mind WDW's no-show policy if you are on the fence about making this meal.

After hearing so many good things about Kona Cafe, I had dinner there during my December trip. While the food was very good, I found the atmosphere lacking. It is a cafe - so not very intimate. And the food is a bit pricey.
During that same trip I had lunch at Skipper Canteen. Nice quite break (at least in the room where we were seated) in the heart of the MK. The was very good, and some might call it adventurous but it wasn't too crazy.
I've also gone to Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch (make sure you get there before 2pm!). Highly recommend that too.

My recommendation would be Grand Floridian for "normal" fare, and Skipper Canteen for slightly adventurous fare.

Planned lunch at Kona during our trip next week. Honestly, more than anything it was to give the kids a chance to ride the Monorail.

We eat at KONA Café every time we have a park day planned for MK. We enjoy the break from the park crowd and the boat trip over to the POLY. We also like touring the grounds at the POLY. Well worth the time leaving MK, in my opinion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter