Is it worth renewing my Enchant Key?

disEAR

DVC Member
Sorry of this is a stupid question.. We live out of state and are currently in the renewal window of our Enchant Key. We don't plan on taking more than one or two short trips over the next year to Disneyland, however we would want to have it the following year. At this time they don't currently sell new Enchant Keys and only offer renewals, and there's no way off knowing when/if they will begin selling them freely again. So if it were you, would you renew your Enchant Key knowing you won't get much value out of it the next year, just so you could guarantee the renewal the following year?

Only you will know what is “worth it“ to you. You said you would do one or two short trips next year. I will assume you mean two, 2-day trips, or 4 days in the park. If you do that math that is $175/day, which again assuming you would go over the weekend would be a wash if you purchased two 2-day park hoppers ($345 each). So if I knew I was going to take 2 trips, I would renew because it is a wash and I would still get the discounts as well as ability to renew. But you will need to do your own math based on how many trips you likely will make next year. If you are going for a 2-day and a 3-day then again my simple math would say renew. Hope to help!

Sorry of this is a stupid question.. We live out of state and are currently in the renewal window of our Enchant Key. We don't plan on taking more than one or two short trips over the next year to Disneyland, however we would want to have it the following year. At this time they don't currently sell new Enchant Keys and only offer renewals, and there's no way off knowing when/if they will begin selling them freely again. So if it were you, would you renew your Enchant Key knowing you won't get much value out of it the next year, just so you could guarantee the renewal the following year?
I was in the same boat and decided to renew simply to have an extra opportunity to get Oogie Boogie tickets and to be able to renew next year. If you're going to enter the park more than 4 times I'd renew.

When are your "one or two short trips" in the next year and why do you want it in the following year?
Are you willing to cancel or adjust the dates of your upcoming trips based on whether or not you have an Enchant key?
Also, how likely are you to pay attention to news of new keys becoming available?

For example, if you wanted to go once next summer and a lot during Christmas 2024 and early 2025, but not in August 2025, then maybe you could just wait for new keys to go on sale and buy then. Or maybe you could go to Disney World instead of Disneyland for your "one or two short trips" next year and buy a pass when it comes back for sale in 2024 for the year you actually want.

Only you know if these alternate solutions may work better for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter