Is it worth taking bikes to Vero?

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Considering taking 2 or 3 bikes with us to Vero. We will be there 5 nights. Where at Vero can we ride them?

Someone somewhere mentioned a 7 mile bike ride, do you have to rent bikes to do it?

Tigger

Bike Ride Link

The bike riding is off-property or in the area across A1A. The villa side is pretty compact and has pretty small sidewalks for much bike riding.

The do rent bikes on-site. They have a very nice selection including "bicycles built for two" if I am not mistaken.

The "other side" is very nice - soccer fields, volleyball, hiking and bicycle trails. It is very easy and safe to get to as they have a tunnel that goes under the main road.

Hi,
Please understand the bikes they have are single speed geared nicely for the flat side walks. I'm 54 and ride regulurly and they were fine for me. If you are really serious riders and want to go longer distanes you may want to bring your own or rent from the bike shop on rte 1.
Hope this helps

Directly across the street from the resort is a wide sidewalk that can be reached by going under the road. It is 7 miles to Vero Beach. It would be a nice bike ride. They rent bikes at the resort if you didn't want to bring yours.
I ran on the sidewalk when I was there and found that if you go later in the afternoon you can get some shade from the sun if it is real hot. Bring the bkes and enjoy it.

I am going to see what type of bike rack we can get 5 more days till take off, yea.

Tigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter