Is it worth the extra points?

Kathy C

Mouseketeer
Have reservations at standard view studio at BWV next May. Is it worth the extra points for a preferred view?

Personal view that it is for a boardwalk view, but probably not for any other preferred view.

In my opinion--no, it's not worth the extra points. We only get the preferred view if there is no other choice (which is most of the time). Don't count on getting a BW view--I've requested it every time and haven't received it yet.

We did an add on at BWV so we could take advantage of the 11 month booking window and get a standard view room. Every time we have booked a preferred view...we ended up with a "water view" of the pool. In our opinion, not worth the extra points. It is very difficult to get the boardwalk view. Plus, I've read several posts from folks who had great views of the Epcot fireworks from their standard view rooms. For us, the reality is we don't spend that much time in our room to enjoy the view anyway to justify the higher points.

Thanks for helping make our decision. I thought that was probably going to be the answer but since this will be our first time staying at BWV with DVC I just wanted some "expert" advice. We, too, are only in our rooms to sleep.

It probably does depend on how you use the room. DH and I really enjoy the resort, not just the parks. We usually take some evening time to sit out on the balcony, have a glass of wine with some fruit and cheese and people watch. Even DS (teenager) seems to like to sit out there and watch the world go by. For us the preferred view is a real plus.

For some reason we've always lucked out and overlooked the Boardwalk.

If you could be guaranteed Boardwalk view, I would go for the extra points. Last year was my first trip,I made my reservation at 11 months with a Boardwalk view request and got a quiet pool view. So this year I got standard view for December and saved the points.

I will echo what most people said. DH and I stayed at a preferred view at the Boardwalk and had a GORGEOUS view of the water and boardwalk itself. We love sitting on the balcony and the resort itself is just as exciting as the parks. For us, it was worth it! However, if the points were to be used on a room with a view of the pool or we didn't plan on spending a lot of time in the room, then obviously, we wouldn't do it. I suppose it depends on how you like your vacation. Either way, you know it'll be a blast!! :D

I have to agree with the majority--I even posted a poll recently because I have enough points for 5 nights standard view or 4 nights preferred. The extra night in a standard view ran away with it. I don't think any view are really bad, esp. if you spend most of your time in the parks. When my kids were in the room (they are 3,6,9) they were either in bed or watching Toon Disney, so it didn't matter to them!:)
Robin M.

If I could be quaranteed a boardwalk view, I'd do it in a minute because we do like to people watch and it really would be a marvelous view, but we all know there aren't room quarantees so I'll stick with the standard view and people watch from the seats on the boardwalk.

Thanks again!

We spent last week in a preferred view studio. We had a 4th floor room overlooking Luna Park. However, our room had a 4-ft high solid wall on rather than an open railing. The only way we had a view of the pool was by standing at the railing--hardly suitable for people watching while sitting on the balcony. Only with a guaranteed boardwalk view would I go for a preferred view at the higher point cost compared to standard view. We bought a resale, closing in February, and so only preferred view was available at the time we made our ressie. We have a similar situation next January (standard view was sold out at 10 months), but our March ressie was made day-by-day at the 11-month window to get a standard view.

Ralph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter