• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth the money???

daystar

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that has upgrades their package to the dinning package???If so is it worth it???Thanks

The dining packages are all new as of this week, so I don't know how much feedback you will get. Maybe try posting again in a few weeks about it.

jkovick said:
The dining packages are all new as of this week, so I don't know how much feedback you will get. Maybe try posting again in a few weeks about it.

I did call and ask a couple of questions. There are very few table service restaurants it includes. It DOES do character dining - which is helpful, but other than that the only ones in Epcot are Coral Reef and Le Celler.

It does Artist point but not Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge.

It doesn't include all the food courts in the resorts.

At MGM, only the Brown Derby.

So before getting them, be sure to ask what it includes, to me they aren't offering a whole lot of places just yet.

cobbler said:
I did call and ask a couple of questions. There are very few table service restaurants it includes. It DOES do character dining - which is helpful, but other than that the only ones in Epcot are Coral Reef and Le Celler.

So before getting them, be sure to ask what it includes, to me they aren't offering a whole lot of places just yet.

Are you sure? The list I got from somewhere on these boards included most restaurants.

cobbler said:

Gosh, that is exactly the opposite of what I have been hearing during the last few weeks of speculation about the dining program. Here's an Acrobat list of restaurants mousesavers says are included and I think most counter, table and signature restaurants are on the list. DTD is sorely lacking and RFC at AK isn't on there but everything else is covered. Hope this turns out to be true! http://www.mousesavers.com/DisneyDiningPlanLocations.pdf

??????

Can you do more than one character meal, for your stay? The wording sounded a little confusing. It said you could trade 2 sit down meals for a signature meal, and 1 sit down meal for a character meal. I'm prob. reading tooo much into the wording, but it almost sounds like you can only do that 1 time??

My DH and I are trying to figure out, if it is worth it or not. It sounds like it is, but we have to crunch the numbers. The room portion goes to rack rate, so you have to add that cost.

We have always eaten one sit-down meal per day, but our kids were younger, and needed the longer break. As they are getting older, they won't need the breaks as much. 8 nights on the dining plan is $720.00 for our family, but then I'm getting a savings on my room, with a AAA discount of $125.00, That's $850 for food. If a better room only discount becomes available, it won't be worth it. :confused:

angel's momma said:
Are you sure? The list I got from somewhere on these boards included most restaurants.

Thats what the CM told me on the phone, she read off a list. I was getting a quote for my dad and we knew we wanted to go to Whispering Canyon. That was not on the list of restaurants to choose from.

Le Celler, Coral Reef and I guess Garden Grill since it is a character meal are the only ones at Epcot (for sit down restaurants anyway).

Brown Derby was the only sit down at MGM.

And she read off some food courts but I did notice that not all of them were on there, or at least if they were, she never finished the list.

But I finally was able to get that link to work for the list and it basically lists everything she told me wasn't included so I really don't know.
Because if the list is right, then that changes a lot of things for planning.

I will probably avoid the dining package option simply because it's too confusing and I'd have to keep track of too many things! Much easier to eat where I want, when I want, and just pay for it when the bill comes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter