Is it wrong

Mish

DIS Veteran
to have two different car rental reservations? Should I cancel one before we leave. I have two different ones at 2 different companies. Michelle

It is okay to have more than one but just make sure to cancel the one you do not use. Check the cancellation policy - most require 24 hour notice - if you don't cancel, they may charge your credit card.

On the 2 reservations that i have neither asked for any credit card information. Michelle

If you have a reservation - they must hold a car for you until it is evident you are not going to show. Even if they could have rented it 100 times.

This is just the reason airlines went to non-refundable/non-changeable airfare. To keep people from just not showing up.

Why do you have two reservations?? I mean you know you are only going to use the one. Cancel the one you aren't going to use, also check the cancel policy. Just because they did not take CC info does not mean you won't have to pay for the rental you didn't use.

Definitely cancel one. If you don't, they will both show up waiting for you. The service you don't plan to use could be using that time to pick up another customer, instead of waiting for one who has no intention of showing up.

Is it wrong is molre like a personal opinion. If you haven't held the car with a cc than you're safe. On the other hand, it's like reserving multiple PS's - you can by blocking someone else from getting it. Maybe nut just your one, but all of the other "ones".

Would I do it? Hmmm. Only if I were not so sure of the first rental company that had a deal that sounded too good to be true. In which case, it probably is. Sorry, just rambling a little bit playing both sides of the fence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter