Is June 2015 a good/bad time?

kharoof13

Earning My Ears
I'm currently looking at planning a trip to DLR for early-mid June 2015. I've been many times in late June/early July and have always found those crowds manageable. However, with the 60th being this year, it seems everyone thinks it's going to be chaotic all year...will it really be that big of a difference from the normal summer crowd? I'm aware of grad nights and other events that will also be going on. I'm fine with it being a tiny bit more crowded, but if it's anything like Christmas time is, I don't think I'll be going.

It definitely won't be as bad as Christmas time, but with the 60th anniversary events, it will probably turn out to be more crowded than the previous years were, especially with the AP holders. Before their blockouts, expect large amounts of AP holders in the parks who are trying to squeeze in one last visit before the blockout begins. For SoCal Select APs, the blockout for the summer is the first week of June, while for the SoCal AP's, the blockout is the last week of June (with the dates of June 17th to 20th also blocked out). The deluxe and premium AP holders don't really have an overwhelming effect on the crowds.

As for the grad nights, some people have been bothered by the grads, others not at all. On grad night evenings, try to avoid the extreme rides the teens would like (you can do those in the morning when the most of the grads still haven't arrived) and instead, plan a show, a sit-down meal, or kiddie rides, and they shouldn't be much of a problem.

Since June is considered the summer high-season, you should still expect high crowds, but not something worthy of cancelling your trip for. It isn't the height of the summer, like July, and you will have long hours, practically no refurbs, and full entertainment schedules to make up for the crowding, so as long as you plan accordingly, you wil have a wonderful trip!

You're going to have 2 groups in June that aren't usually there. People who want to see the 60th stuff as soon as possible, and people who are avoiding the higher than normal July crowds.

I didn't find the 50th to be that bad because all of the rides were running at full capacity and many people were just there for atmosphere and not really moving to the same places I was. However, attendance overall is up a lot in 10 years and the AP numbers seemed to go up a lot after the birthday promotion. It's a little hard to predict.

I think I should caution you that the previous poster has never been to DLR and has no real experience on what crowds actually look or feel like there. If you've found it manageable, it can't be much worse, there is a maximum capacity, and most of the attention will be on DL, not DCA.

I think I should caution you that the previous poster has never been to DLR and has no real experience on what crowds actually look or feel like there.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I post something that is incorrect? If so, I would appreciate that you would politely correct the numerous errors I have made instead of bashing every single one my posts on this subject simply for the fact that I have never been. If there was a rule that stated that first-timers were not aloud to post responses to others questions, I would certainly abide by it. I was merely trying to help someone out.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I post something that is incorrect? If so, I would appreciate that you would politely correct the numerous errors I have made instead of bashing every single one my posts on this subject simply for the fact that I have never been. If there was a rule that stated that first-timers were not aloud to post responses to others questions, I would certainly abide by it. I was merely trying to help someone out.
Shouldn't you just say, "I haven't been, so I don't know what you find manageable, but from my research I think..."

I'm currently looking at planning a trip to DLR for early-mid June 2015. I've been many times in late June/early July and have always found those crowds manageable. However, with the 60th being this year, it seems everyone thinks it's going to be chaotic all year...will it really be that big of a difference from the normal summer crowd? I'm aware of grad nights and other events that will also be going on. I'm fine with it being a tiny bit more crowded, but if it's anything like Christmas time is, I don't think I'll be going.

We like to go the first week in June because a lot of schools aren't out yet and the weather is great. We have found that the week after school is out tends to be super busy! (So around the week of June 22nd it gets busy).
But as DoleWhipper said - this year for the 60th crowds will definately be higher. We went in mid-June (2nd week) last year and while it is busier, it isn't as bad as Christmas for sure! I think if you go in knowing crowds will be heavier than in past years, you will be fine. It really sounds like such a fun time to be in Disneyland in the Summer for the 60th! :love:

Not sure why SMD felt the need to be snappy - I thought DoleWhipper was just giving good information. Sheesh! :scared:

One thing I didn't mention because who knows how it will affect crowds is that LAUSD went back to school in August this year and will end the first week in June, which is earlier than they ever have before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter