Is Le Cellier worth it?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
What are your thoughts/experiences?

If you were planning 2-3 similarly priced meals for your vacation week, would you make Le Cellier one of them?

I have always enjoyed it, but they recently made it 2 meals on the DP, so I'm not sure it is worth it if you are on the plan. If you are paying cash, the food there is excellent and if you were intending on eating at a similar priced option I would recommend it.

This was one of my favorite meals last time we went there. We were paying oop and thought it was well worth the wait and money

We no longer dine there for full meals. We will pop in for appetizers or deserts, but the cost vs. value got too out of hand for us. We generally don't use the dining plan.

Appetizers and beer are excellent. Long time since I got an entrée there. Or a dessert.

I don't use the dining plan.

We haven't been back since it's been 2 credits, but even if it were still 1 credit, I wouldn't think it was worth it. It was gross.

We haven't been back since it's been 2 credits, but even if it were still 1 credit, I wouldn't think it was worth it. It was gross.
What was gross about it? I've never heard anyone refer this strongly to any Disney restaurant!

What was gross about it? I've never heard anyone refer this strongly to any Disney restaurant!

Wow! Really? I hear people bash some of my favorite places all the time.

I guess it's a matter of taste. None of us liked our meals and DD actually only ate half of hers and was sick after. After that experience, we were all set with LeCellier. Maybe it improved after they made it 2 credits, but I have no desire to ever go back and find out.

No not worth it at all. For the prices they charge and quality of the steak (which I had) so not worth it!

The food was satisfactory but we HATED the jammed in seating.

We won't be going back anytime soon because we have other places that are real favorites.

I think it's worth it if you're limiting your choices to "Steak in WS." Otherwise, better eateries in WS, and better steak places on property.

We no longer dine there for full meals. We will pop in for appetizers or deserts, but the cost vs. value got too out of hand for us. We generally don't use the dining plan.

You can do that? Without an ADR? Do you just walk up something is available?

Used to be a 'Must Do' every trip but they priced us out. Not that we can't afford it, we just started to feeling gouged.

Bill From PA

I've gotten same day reservations there. usually for two, maybe one. Wouldn't count on those, though

You can do that? Without an ADR? Do you just walk up something is available?
An ADR is just a reservation to be seated, not what you have to order. In my example, we don't always order a full meal. Sometimes just a dessert and maybe an adult beverage or two. Then we move on.

I will hardly ever suggest that someone try a walk up. Even if you just want dessert. They don't hold back any tables, they just want to keep it full. So while you might get something close to closing time at le cellier or other popular restaurant, its never a guarantee.

We ate there in January first time in many years.
Our group all had different things. Of the steaks, the filet is far and away the best to get. And they had this side dish which was fries with cheese and bacon and that was excellent also. The dinner wasn't cheap but I thought it was worth it.

We love it there! The pretzel bread for the table is great. I always get the mushroom fillet with risotto and maple creme brûlée for dessert.

No. No. No

Save yourself and your wallet

I gave this place several tries. Learn from my errors.

Service is bad. Food is Outback quality
The only thing signature about this place is the price. and for the same money go to a real steakhouse

We were resistant to the "hype" over LeCellier for years but finally broke down two years ago and made an ADR ... we could finally get one as it became decidedly less popular when it went to 2 credits on the ddp. We paid out of pocket and had to admit that it was a great meal! The service was great and the food good (and we do eat out at nice restaurants here in Chicago a lot!). It is now one of our favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter