• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Mass Effect the accessible sci fi universe that would wow non SF fans?

RitzyCinnamonRoll

Earning My Ears
It did influence Guardians of the Galaxy.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/09/gu...ns-offers-take-on-why-video-game-movies-suck/

Is this the accessible sci fi universe that can get non sci fi fans into the genre like Game of Thrones did for non fantasy fans or is it just another generic military video game?

The aliens look way cooler than the aliens in Star Trek or Star Wars. Despite all the futuristic tech there are no planet destroying weaponry aka "Death Stars".

If it is not Mass Effect then what kind of space opera would breath new life into the genre and gain the attention of non SF fans?

You are obsessed with this. I can tell you right now NOTHING is going to make me a SCI-FI fan. It is just not my thing. Maybe you need to find a message board dedicated to Sci-Fi to share your obsession with.

Mass effect while an amazing game one of my favorites will not translate into films. And you can't force anyone to like any time of genre.

Mass effect while an amazing game one of my favorites will not translate into films. And you can't force anyone to like any time of genre.

True.

He should check out the book: Confessions of a Domestic Failure.

It did influence Guardians of the Galaxy.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/09/gu...ns-offers-take-on-why-video-game-movies-suck/

Is this the accessible sci fi universe that can get non sci fi fans into the genre like Game of Thrones did for non fantasy fans or is it just another generic military video game?

The aliens look way cooler than the aliens in Star Trek or Star Wars. Despite all the futuristic tech there are no planet destroying weaponry aka "Death Stars".

If it is not Mass Effect then what kind of space opera would breath new life into the genre and gain the attention of non SF fans?
A belated welcome to the dis, RCR.

And what's up with the high achieving sporty people only liking reality TV? :confused3

You are obsessed with this. I can tell you right now NOTHING is going to make me a SCI-FI fan. It is just not my thing. Maybe you need to find a message board dedicated to Sci-Fi to share your obsession with.
My response to the title of this thread - what the heck is Mass Effect? Not into sci-fi, not a gamer. Don't care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter