Is Memory Maker Photo Package worth it?

This past June's trip we got the fewest pictures on Memory Maker that we have ever gotten. We got 850 pictures. It is totally worth it. And they should look at some of the Magic Shots. We do one every trip where my daughter holds a cutlass while we cower behind her as she fights Captain Hook.

Re: ride photos --
The look of pure joy on my teen daughter's face as she was riding 7dmt during Early Morning Magic during our last trip was worth the entire cost of Memory Maker alone! She's pretty reserved most of the time, so seeing her with her face absolutely glowing is priceless to me! :cloud9:

Absolutely! It was so nice to not think about getting photos and it takes just a few minutes to swing by a photographer and get a few shots of the whole family. Plus all the ride photos. I especially liked not having to think about which photos to keep/toss in the moment, I could see them right away (instant gratification) but then relive the moments when we got home when I chose which ones to print out.

The price of an individual photo is high...you reach that $169 number really quickly, especially with 5 kiddos (rides, characters, group shots, etc).

As usual, I'm going to be the dissenting opinion on this. Since "is it worth it" is subjective, she will have to decide for herself but my 2 cents, no. We have never bought it, I have an annual pass and get it for free and we still don't use it. When my son was young I did take a lot of pictures myself and that was back before cell phones and you had to lug around a camera. We used to get one picture taken at the same spot every time we went and that was the only one we bought. We look at the ride pictures and think they are cute but we don't keep them. Does your mom want to be in the pictures? If so, it might be worth popping in a couple of them and buying them separate instead of paying for the package. If she just wants pictures of the grandkids and the place, save the money and take them herself. We just never feel like it's worth standing in line to get our picture taken, that is just us.

It is one of those things that is best answered with "your mileage may vary."

For people who go often, it may not be worth it. For those that are doing a special, or once-in-a-lifetime trip, it is a must. We go every three-four years, and we buy it...haven't regretted it. We usually end up with about a hundred pictures before we add embellishments...and we have uploaded them to online services to make calendars, posters, all sorts of things to remind us of our trips.

The ride shots are one thing, but more importantly if you plan to the character meet-and-greets, it is certainly worth it because you get these photos.

In my opinion, grand parents with all the grand kids...for several days...almost a no-brainer to me. the initial cost seems high until you see what individual downloads cost...if they might want more than 10-12 photos...it is worth it

I absolutely think Memory Maker is worth the money. We buy it for every trip. My nieces enjoy stopping and take a ton of pictures. Heck, we do too. I love being a big kid with the magic shots. While every photo you take won't be the best, you will certainly get some memorable shots. Not to mention the ride pictures and videos!

For us, it was definitely worth it. We've done it twice before and got SO many great family shots - and that's not even counting the fun magic shots. This trip we don't want to bring our DSLR -- it's going to be HOT in August -- and we'll have our iPhones and a small digital camera for photos at character meals where there isn't a photopass photographer. But for all the ride photos, etc., it's been worth it. We'll be there 5 days, too, so I think we'll get a fair amount of pics. We just make sure to stop whenever we see a photographer. lol

You can also use Memory Maker in most of the photo booths. An immediate printout isn't included in Memory Maker (those strips of photos) but you can print them out later. You can set up all kinds of fun shots--adding Tinkerbell to your photo, etc--this is tons of fun for teens!

The answer is as usual, it varies from person to person. We never purchased and didn't see a reason for it. When we got our APs, it came with it. Now we love it! The onride photos and videos are fun. We frequently stop for the photographers now and enjoy looking at them at home and downloading the photos. If we had to pay for it, would we buy it? Hard to say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter