• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is my thinking correct

tinkpower

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of renting dvc points for our next stay. But I'm worried about not having control over my reservation. So I'm thinking of staying at a value for a couple of days and purchasing my 6 day ticket with that reservation. Then renting dvc for the rest of the days. Would I accomplish having control over my park tickets/dinning for the duration that way?

I'm thinking of renting dvc points for our next stay. But I'm worried about not having control over my reservation. So I'm thinking of staying at a value for a couple of days and purchasing my 6 day ticket with that reservation. Then renting dvc for the rest of the days. Would I accomplish having control over my park tickets/dinning for the duration that way?
Even if you rent dvc you have full control over everything other than changing the room reservation.

You would have control of your park tickets and dining reservations even if your entire stay is on rented points. The only thing not under your control is the resort reservation itself.

I'm a DVC Member. We've put our points up for rent a couple of times. I've never had to do anything in regards to park tickets or dining reservations. The only thing I did was make the resort reservation.

I was told that the owner of the points would also make the reservation for Magical Express (if travelling before the first of the year).

I was told that the owner of the points would also make the reservation for Magical Express (if travelling before the first of the year).
yes this would be the case but unless they are going in 2021 magical express is not an issue anymore

We rented points last time and it seemed no different than a regular reservation. Once we had the reservation number e could do the online check in as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter