Is not getting MaxPass going to break us?

The answer to your question depends on several things:
1) Does your family ride lots/all rides on the FP system? People can forget that not all rides at DLR are included with MP/FP, so if your family doesn't ride all the FP rides, then MP might not be a great fit for your group right now. Check the list of FP rides (look on the DLR website or on the app) to see if you'll be riding those rides.
2) Will you be using PP and getting ride photos? Not everyone cares about this, so if it isn't a big deal for you, then MP might not be such a value. If you do want PP, it can be worth purchasing MP for one person each day just for the photos.
3) Do you need to have MP every day of your trip? For a multiday trip, some families only buy MP for the busiest day/s, not all days. This can save some money. Plan to push hard on the day you have MP, then you can relax the next day.

Some guests try MP and can't do the parks without it. Others enjoy the parks just fine without it. We use it and really enjoy it. And we also have great park days where we don't use it at all. MP isn't magic in and of itself -- you'll still need good FP skills and organization to make the most of it. Read this thread to get a good understanding of MP (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy), then decide whether it will be a good fit for your family and worth the money. Or would regular FP be just fine and the savings spent elsewhere be a better fit? There is no wrong answer -- only what is a better fit for your family right now.
Thank you!

on my last trip I did not buy max pass for my family. In some ways I can be kinda frugal and thought that if I was going to spend an extra $60 per day, buying more dolewhips and churros would make me happier instead of a few extra rides per day. I didn't regret my decision at all, and we still had a fabulous time and got on all the rides we wanted to. I'm sure max pass would make life easier, but you'll have to decide if the value is there for you. if you are going for multiple days just try the old fashioned way first, and if you feel like it isn't working for you then you can always add max pass the next day.

I found MP very helpful and pushed the days when we had it. We (just me and DS) were there for 7 days and used MP 4. The days we had MP i felt i needed to get my money's worth and we ran hard and stacked FP like nobodys business. It was almost a relief when we didn't have it; there was no agenda.

I loved having it but there were many, many happy people around me who didn't. Either way, you are at DL- it's going to be awesome!

MP saved us a tremndous amount of walking and standing in lines. In fact, we never stood in line more than aobut 30 minutes even though many were several times that.
Whether or not that is woth it to any individual is up to them but for us it was value added.

We consider ourselves to be on the frugal side - but since we only go to DLR every other year (save!), we do stay at one of the DLR hotels (spend!) and got MaxPass (spend!) to get the most out of the trip. It just depends on how much you’re willing to take on in terms of extra inconvenience to save money...I don’t think anyone regrets getting MaxPass unless you’re in a party that doesn’t need to ride a lot of rides and is there to soak in the atmosphere

It really depends on you. We don't get max pass most days due to the fact that we like to do all the rides and shows and the headline rides are just a part of our day that is mixed in. As our kids are getting older we might start doing a day or two of maxpass to maximize the headliners but at this point it would be a waste of money for us.

So I’ve used it it before, but just with my husband. Now we are going with a large party. Just for our family alone will be 5 people. Hoping it won’t make or break not getting max pass and just a have a runner. We know how to do Disney well, but with the new feature I’m. It sure how that will change everything.
Honestly, you can do so many more rides with it than without it by getting FPs while standing in line for a ride you are using a FP for.

We only got it 2 of our 4 days there this weekend and did miss it the days we didn't have it.

We are mid 30s, athletic, and have 4 kids under 7. We never minded running around b/c it broke up wandering around with kids and we got some more steps in that way...until maxpass, which changed disneyland forever and we will never not buy it. On our last trip we never waited more than 15 minutes, for anything, and that was uncommon. 3 of 4 kids are 40"+, so we rerode RSR and GOTG 5-6x day if we planned things right. It kind of blows my mind that people spend $300/person on multi day passes but the added $30 for max pass is too much, when that $30 drastically enhances the quality of your visit IMO.

Used it on a one day trip with DH and we knocked out 12 rides on a max capacity day. It's easier to justify when you have just the two of you on a one day trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter