Is Ohana really that bad?

Pardon my ignorance - but is that Tambu Tambu bar? That sounds like a wonderful way to approach it - especially for a couple or solo diner.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/tambu-lounge/
Yes. In addition to the bar seats they now have a few high-top tables as well. Perfect for solo or a couple . You don't get the meat options like 'Ohana, but it's good if you're looking for some light bites and a cocktail or two ...then head to the sand for the fireworks.

Our last dinner at 'Ohana was in 2019 and we enjoyed it. We don't have plans to go back this year as we are trying to do no repeats(except Teppan Edo which is a must for us).

We ate at ‘Ohana on my birthday trip in August and we thought it was fantastic - and this was even with the old menu. Our server, Houda, was absolutely fantastic. She was so attentive, constantly refilled our drinks, found my husband POG juice (this was before it “disappeared” for a few weeks), was always checking on us, refilling all food items even before we needed them refilled. She even brought us out a second bread pudding after my sons devoured the first - in all our times eating there we never had a server ask if we wanted another bread pudding. I honestly cannot say enough about how good the food was and Houda. We really enjoyed our dining experience. It sounds like we got lucky.

Ohana has changed a lot the past few years...Unfortunatley not for the better.... We last went in Dec of 2019 and said we will be taking a break from there for awhile...We used to love it

We ate at O'hana back in 2019 and really enjoyed it. Part of the issue with bad reviews seem to be those who don't realize the service format then complain it wasn't what they expected. There is a fixed menu and items are brought to your table. For those expecting to order off of a menu and then wait 25 minutes to have their dish prepared, that isn't how it works. If you have small children who have a shorter attention span or get fidgety waiting for their food, the format here works great. We never felt rushed as some other have indicated. But I have seen many reviews for various restaurants where as many people say the service was 'too fast' as those saying it was 'too slow', so that is really more of a personal preference. The menu has changed since reopening, so always a good idea to check the official Disney website to review the current menus. If you don't like the menu items, then best to plan to eat elsewhere.

This restaurant is consistently divided by love it or leave it. I think it stems from inconsistencies in food and service. Very hit or miss at ‘Ohana.

We have tried it twice. First time was 2012 and it was great - lots of fun for my 4 year old. Food was good (not over the top spectacular) and service was typical Disney top notch service.

Fast forward 5 years.

2017 experience was not the same. Food was horrible and service was sub par. Couldn’t justify price point for overall experience. We haven’t been back since.

Yes! Keep talking this restaurant down so people cancel their ADRs!

I need to get one in November.... ;)

A couple weeks ago we grabbed a couple bar seats and ordered off the menu. We had the wings, pot stickers, noodles, and bread pudding. It was two of us and the bill was less than 1 person in 'ohana -it was plenty of food. And we had a couple cocktails apiece. Service was great and the bar atmosphere was fun.

Hey was this ordering them ala carte at the Tambu lounge? I prefer the sides over the mains at Ohana anyway. The sides with drinks would be ideal for my wife and I.

Food and service have never been a problem for us in our many visits but the price has killed it for us.

I know Tambu Lounge you used to be able to get some of the Ohana favs that were “off menu” at Tambu. What about getting say the Ohana noodles at Kona?

Disney is pushing some of their restaurants to 65+ bucks fixed price per adult I noticed. I don't think they give a crap about complaints as long as the price point is high. One family of four pays for all server wages that night (exaggeration I know). We will still go cause we are sheep...no really...my family name means sheep.

Hey was this ordering them ala carte at the Tambu lounge? I prefer the sides over the mains at Ohana anyway. The sides with drinks would be ideal for my wife and I.

Yes. Just ask the bartender you'd like to order off the 'Ohana menu

We had dinner at O’Hana’s last night. It was really a hit and miss dinner....they are serving the 2 kinds of biscuits again a bacon/cheddar and I forgot what the other one was but we passed on the bread so can’t report on that. The chicken wings and pot stickers were ok and better when I requested that our skillet be exchanged for a hot one. The noodles were great just like old times. Missed the sauces for the pot stickers but they were still good. The steak was actually really good ours was served rare and tender. The chicken was very dry and we had requested they hold the pesto sauce so that might have helped...we didn’t have the shrimp due to allergy but they did increase amount of other items. I have heard people complain about meat being over done but seriously you can just request they replace your meat skillet with meat cooked as you like. We did miss the bananas that used to be served with bread pudding dessert but years ago they used to serve fresh pineapple with caramel sauce which was wonderful and I do still miss that. Anyway we did enjoy our dinner. It was a huge amount of food with so many choices it’s hard not find something you like. Service was great server checked on us frequently we never had to ask for drink refills and she reminded us several times to let her know if we wanted refills of anything. Also we never felt rushed and our server told us to take our time and enjoy our dinner.

I dined here with 3 other adults last night and it was not good food. My party has been fans of Ohana for years, back when Lipoa was still around and Walt worked the Tambu bar. This was our first time dining here since COVID and we won’t be back. Food quality was below quick serve food. I don’t care how much they bring you, but when everything is bland, dry, or tough it’s completely not worth the steep price. One adult in my party ordered the plant based option and it was the most pathetic offering I’ve ever seen. They should be ashamed to charge someone $50 for noodles, jack fruit, and fake chicken. Sorry to be so negative. We had Narcoossees the night before and our bill was almost the same there and the food was on a other level. I’m there for dubbing Ohana as Oh Hell Nah from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter