Is one Disney Park worth the $$$$

We did it in March 2017 after our cruise on NCL. We did MK for 1 day from rope-drop to fireworks and it was 100% worth it for us. Initially we were not going to WDW but then I saw Peppa Pig was doing a show for kids over Christmas at 150$CDN per ticket. My youngest was a big fan of Peppa so I was considering getting two as her Christmas gift until I showed the ad to DH and he said he would much prefer to pay that for one day at WDW than a show that lasts 2h. The next day I was booking our WDW vacations (3 nights at ASMo and 1-day tickets for MK) and we offered the WDW tickets to the kids as their Christmas gift.

We also did resort-only vacations in the past and it was also very fun.

We did this exact itinerary for a family of 5: 1 day in MK pre-cruise. I was honestly really bummed I just didn't spend a few extra days at WDW. It felt like we rushed through everything and got ourselves super exhausted at the park, and couldn't even get the kids to stay for HEA because they were so worn out. Because it was our only day, we felt like we had to do everyone's favorite, and with three kids with their own preferences that added up to a lot of rides. Next time, we are just doing a 3-day cruise with a 4-day park trip so we can do the parks at our normal speed and relax and enjoy it more. That said, this next trip is going to be crazy expensive (eek) and will probably be our last disney trip in a long time because of it so I recognize that a full stay at the parks + cruise is not always feasible for everyone.

So I would say if you guys are the rope-drop-to-close marathon types, then go for it. But if you are more used to a slower pace like we are, it might not be fun.

Would be a no from me. Going to Disney world is an experience that I believe needs to be done for at least 3-5 days at a time

Going for one Day is a tease and doesn’t allow you to be immersed in the magic. I’d rather wait and make a whole vacation out of it to really enjoy the “ being in a happy and another world “ aspect I feel when I go there.

If you go to Disney all the time, I can understand it though

Totally agree.

What we would do (almost did before our last RC cruise, but flights didn't work out) is go to Universal for one (or two) days. That's a park I can go for one day and not feel like I'm missing something with such a short stay. :)

I've done it and will do it again this fall, flying down on a Friday, going to Food & Wine on Saturday, flying home Sunday. I've done it for Flower & Garden and also for MNSSHP. We saw Hamilton in Chicago in Jan. for $300 a ticket, for a 3 hour show. Many pay more than that for a sporting event that lasts a few hours. To me, $100 give or take, for a whole day in one of the parks is absolutely worth it, although I've only done that for MK or Epcot, I don't think I could justify it for DHS, maybe for AK. A day there plus some time at Disney Springs and maybe a monorail loop for some drinks is a great way to get in some Disney time during the years we have other vacations planned.

Have you ever gone to WDW? You are asking a site of Disney freaks so your responses will be biased. All personal feelings aside, I would say no. I have heard reviews of people going on cruises (DCL and Non-DCL) doing the 1 day WDW excursion and saying it was very rushed. WDW takes time to explore. I would recommend a minimum of 3 days for WDW. Even if you played your cards right and got FP, you wouldn't be able to take in everything. I would wait for another vacation and plan an exclusive WDW vacation or do a general Orlando trip and dedicate at least days to 1-2 parks.

We are taking a RC cruise in October. We can fly into Orlando the day before we leave and arrive at MCO at 8:13 a.m. We would love to spend the day at HS or another park that day and even stay at a Disney resort that night, then arrange for transportation to the Port for Sunday. One day tickets for five people are costly. For the people who have done this, would you do it again? Can you take ME for a one night stay or do you have to book a package of more than one day tickets?

SO worth it though!! It's Disney, there is literally no place that even compares. Have a great time on your cruise! :)

Not everyone feels the need to explore the entire park. Or even just one of them. We can have fun with what does fill our day and not think about all the additional things we didn't get to do. And when you're from Southern California, MK is not a must.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter