• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Online Check-In Worth It?

punkin712

DIS Veteran
DH and I have never used online check-in at WDW. For some reason, I always preferred to just go to the Front Desk to check-in. However, we are headed to Aulani on July 8th and DH is thinking we should try online check-in for this trip. Since we've never done it, I'm nervous that something will go wrong. We are celebrating our 24th anniversary and it's our first vacation since December 2019 (thanks COVID!) so I want to make sure everything goes smoothly. The last thing we'll want after a long flight from the east coast is check-in problems. If it makes a difference, we land around 3:30pm and will have a rental car, so we should arrive at the resort by 6pm.

Mahalo!!!

DH and I have never used online check-in at WDW. For some reason, I always preferred to just go to the Front Desk to check-in. However, we are headed to Aulani on July 8th and DH is thinking we should try online check-in for this trip. Since we've never done it, I'm nervous that something will go wrong. We are celebrating our 24th anniversary and it's our first vacation since December 2019 (thanks COVID!) so I want to make sure everything goes smoothly. The last thing we'll want after a long flight from the east coast is check-in problems. If it makes a difference, we land around 3:30pm and will have a rental car, so we should arrive at the resort by 6pm.

Mahalo!!!
Pre COVID the on line check in worked great. It really isn’t available a week ahead like it says on line, but certainly is a day or 2 ahead. And they text you when your room is ready, which it certainly should be by the time you arrive. Haven’t been recently but will be going in September! Enjoy!!!

Yes! I believe you still have to check in at the front desk because you have to show your Safe Travels documents, but there’s usually a separate online check-in line. We arrived around 5:00pm last week, and there was only one person in the online check-in line and a very long line for the regular check-in, so I was glad I did the online check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter