Is Pop Century Value Resort Cheaper then All Star?

Grants Mom

Earning My Ears
I was skimming thru some of the other boards. This one gal (did not pay attention to a name) said that they got a rate at pop century for $42/night in feb. The best quote I have gotten is $77/night at All Star Movies. I am guessing that she got a deal like the Disney Club or something. Any how I am one of not spending a ton of money on someplace that all I am really going to be doing is sleeping and taking a shower there. So I am looking for the best deal. Plus we are on a budget!

...are the same class resorts. They should be the same price during the same time of your stay. Price of the room is based upon the time of year that you plan on visiting. I stayed at Pop Century in January and paid $49 as a perk of my AP. It was very nice as I was there for just two days and did not spend much time in the room.

Its only cheaper by a few cents because of tax. They are 11.5% while the All Stars are 13%. But they are in the same class and are the same price as the previous poster said.

The posting you read was probably the result of a discount code at a certain time-- there are Annual Pass rates, AAA rates, and some general rates. I think in general, though, that when the discount code is offered on one value resort, it is offered at all of them (Pop Century and all of the All-Stars). BUT, you can have a situation where there are more rooms available at Pop Century at that rate, and therefore, that may be the only resort available at the lower rate (or vice versa).

Ok this makes since but I have one more question now. If I got to a travel agent and book, can I use the discount codes? And where exactly do these codes come from? Or should I say, where do you get them. I am not an AP holder, nor anything else for that matter. We plan on going in 07 (just my husband, son and I) But also think that a year or two later will be going with my side of the family. So is it worth it for 2 trips in the next 5 years to join some of these clubs? If so which ones?

The travel agent will handle getting you the codes. They will keep an eye out for them for you. You can join AAA closer to when you travel but tell the TA to get the AAA rate when they book. You won't need to show the card until you check in. In fact we have never been asked to show our AAA card. I highly recommend either Dreams Unlimited or Small World Travel. They specialize in Disney and often know the codes before the general public. They can also help you make ps', give you advice on which resort will suit you and lots of other information. You pay them nothing, they get their money from Disney.

Just a warning. Make sure your travel agent specializes in WDW vacations. Due to forces outside my control I was forced to use my employers TA 2 years ago for a two week trip to Orlando and I had to tell them what to do. If it wasn't for all the great people on the DIS those 2 weeks would have cost me at least $1000.00 more because the TA didn't know what she was doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter