Is renting getting more difficult?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
I have been renting out my points for many years now (with the two bigger rental agencies) and have never had a problem. This year, I am really struggling and have had nobody reach out to me wanting to rent my points at xxxx ( resort removed) I look online and there are only a few resorts that are being requested and they are outside the 7-month mark so I cannot snag them. I am curious if there is something going on that I don't know about? I have always paid my dues with my rentals and this year was the first time I had to pay out of pocket for it.

Edited to remove resort.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been renting out my points for many years now (with the two bigger rental agencies) and have never had a problem. This year, I am really struggling and have had nobody reach out to me wanting to rent my points at xxxxx. I look online and there are only a few resorts that are being requested and they are outside the 7-month mark so I cannot snag them. I am curious if there is something going on that I don't know about? I have always paid my dues with my rentals and this year was the first time I had to pay out of pocket for it.

Considering resale prices are down substantially in the past 6 months and there are more hotel discounts this spring and summer, it's probably just another part of softened demand. I suspect a recession is imminent but I have no real knowledge of that other than my own casual analysis of trends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on what you’re asking, flexible refund policy, etc.

I rent from an owner I have used several times within the past 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter