Is reservation needed for Via Napoli?

lvdis

love disney
Do you need a reservation to eat at Via Napoli? There will be 3 of us on Friday, March 22, 2024. Thanks!

I just did a quick search for today for a group of 2 and then 4 and Via Napoli did not show as available for today. Based on this one experience I would say yes, a reservation is needed.

Via Napoli is one of the restaurants that I've seen walk ups be turned away from. Keep checking for a reservation; I've been able to grab a last minute reservation. If you're struggling to find a table for 3, search for a party of 4 and then you can remove the extra person at check in.

Via Napoli is one of the restaurants that I've seen walk ups be turned away from. Keep checking for a reservation; I've been able to grab a last minute reservation. If you're struggling to find a table for 3, search for a party of 4 and then you can remove the extra person at check in.
It looks like there's lots of times available at this point I just wasn't sure what time we'd be over that way. I guess I should just make my best guess and pick something. Thanks!

Yes, you do, but walk-ups are sometimes accommodated. You can always walk up and they'll put your name on a list, but that probably won't work during the busiest times.

If you are set on Via Napoli, a reservation is a good idea. the Wine Cellar serves food and takes walk-ups. Another excellent option is the nearby Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk.

I have mostly been disappointed by WDW TS food, but we've had two excellent meals at the Trattoria. The food and service were both excellent. The only dish that was so-so was the chicken parm.

they only offer a limited selection of pizzas, but they have an excellent oven. For FL and WDW, it is excellent pizza, though they are personal size.

One more option worth mentioning- I have not been there yet, but the same company/restaurant group that runs Via Napoli, Space 220, and Tutto Italia just opened a BRAND new restaurant in the nearby Flamingo Crossing area called Simply Capri. The menu and offerings are similar, and they are open until 10:30/11pm.

Walk up 15 minutes before they open and ask to be put on the list.

We have done this many times and always were successful.

2 or 3 times we were the first party called and seated when they opened.

A Friday night later in March, getting close to Easter? I have to think EPCOT will be busy and it would be smart to make an ADR based on your best guesstimate for time. You can always cancel prior to 2 hours before the ADR - but I wouldn't depend on being able to get in with a walk-up on a Friday night. We were just there in late Jan and got in 15 minutes late when we did have an actual ADR (and checked in a few minutes early). Of course, I'm assuming you're talking dinner. Lunch might offer a slightly better opportunity for walk-up.

Via Napoli is getting more and more popular. I definitely would get a reservation. It’s also more convenient to have a guesstimate time booked than have to walk the whole way over there to be told they’re full/no waitlist or not for hours.

We made a reservation to Via Napoli over our last trip within a couple of weeks of going. We had SUCH a good experience that we tried to make another reservation during our trip for our second meal and couldn't get any times. I'd say make it in advance if you really want to eat there. My kids have already begged to go back for out next trip (one of 3 requests they've made regarding food).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter