Is Sea World worth the money???

carolinaconleys

Earning My Ears
I am going with my family, Dh, ds(1), and dd(4 1/2) - first time in 15 years - and wondering if seaworld is worth the 200+ dollars we are going to have to spend? Has anyone bought tickets off of craigslist before in orlando? is it safe or not worth it? Thanks.

Our family loves SeaWorld! A lot depends on how long you're going to be in the Orlando area. We typically go for at least two weeks. On those trips we add in other parks. If we're going for a week or less we tend to just stay at whichever park we've chosen for that trip (WDW or US/IOA).

I would never buy any tickets from Craigslist. Too risky.

Get a Southwest rewards card for a discount.

To me Sea World is worth to take kids 1 time. Maybe wait until yours are older. If the $200 is steep perhaps skip it. The kids would get just as much from a local aquarium. Sept 26 is free museum day, maybe one is free. I believe the one in Baltimore is free that day.

We love Sea World. Last year we had season passes and went several times to catch all of the shows and enjoy all of the opportunities.

We had not been for years, and took our kids this last trip. (Age 7 and 1). In answer to your question, yes, it is worth every penny! Our daughter, who is a Disney nut, can't wait to go back next trip.

The park is beautiful, the shows are great, and there are some decent rides as well. Very, very worthwhile IMHO. :thumbsup2

We love Sea World! Planning two days there on our next trip.

Its a great experience for little ones, I think. Its a fun way to learn and to see some amazing animals in a less hectic pace. The shows really are awesome.

Do you have credit card rewards? I got our two adult tickets using our points. I wouldn't go Craigs list. The Southwest discount gets you 20% off, which is good.

Don't forget that you can get your one day ticket stamped for a free second day--a great deal in my opinion! You can take a day to enjoy as much as you can, and maybe a second day to re-visit the favorites.

If you have the time, it's definitely worth a trip. My boys (then ages 6 and 3) loved Seaworld as much as Disney. Whether it's "worth the money" is really only something you can decide based on your vacation budget. It's probably cheaper to add an extra day onto your Disney tix if things are tight.

When we went in 2008, SW had "2nd day free" tickets (good for up to 1 week after the first visit) We thought this was a pretty good deal. We had the time to spare, our own car and thought it was a nice difference after 10 days at WDW.

If you or an adult that you are traveling with are in the military Sea World is offering a special through 2009. It is good for a complimentary ticket for the servicemember and up to three dependents. Hero Salute.

We are checking out Sea World for the first time in a few months.

If you get your one day ticket validated you can get a second day free at SeaWorld. That takes the sting out of the cost.

We are staying longer (2 weeks) so to us SeaWorld is a must see.

We visited Sea World on our last Disney trip. It was outstanding. The shows and animals were just great, and a nice break from Disney with a slightly more educational tone. Our kids, ages 4, 7, 11, all loved it. And, yes it even has a few rides.

I second the suggestion on using your Southwest frequent flyer number. It was a great discount for us.

Andrew

I am going with my family, Dh, ds(1), and dd(4 1/2) - first time in 15 years - and wondering if seaworld is worth the 200+ dollars we are going to have to spend? Has anyone bought tickets off of craigslist before in orlando? is it safe or not worth it? Thanks.

I would not buy off Craiglist or EBay. Sorry. Get them from SW. I would be afraid the ticket is worthless, plus any tickets purchased in advance are with your name anyway and they might ask for ID.
I think you can still get the adult ticket for the price of child's ticket and then it is good for 2 days if you stop by the booth and get the 2nd day-so only $32.50 per person per day. Cheaper than 2 people going to the movies in the evening and buying popcorn and drinks down here.

I haven't been to Seaworld in Florida for several years, but I am now a season pass holder to the Seaworld in San Antonio and LOVE IT!! We go all the time, the shows are great and the rides are fantastic! I would recommend it to anyone.

I know in San Antonio you can purchase a season pass and pay for it monthly with the ezpay option. The cost of the season pass is less then going for two days and it gives you FREE parking!:cool1:

I guess I'm alone when I say that IMO Sea World is NOT worth it.

It's way too hot with like NO shade.

I guess I'm just spoiled by Disney.

I guess I'm alone when I say that IMO Sea World is NOT worth it.

It's way too hot with like NO shade.

I guess I'm just spoiled by Disney.

I'm with you on that. I went to Sea World once and I probably will never go back - just not into it at all.

Wow my family loves Seaworld but have only been 2 trips, because it is kind of expensive (vs. spending the extra days at WDW). The first trip the kids were 6 and 8, I think. They loved petting the stingrays, feeding the seals, and seeing the Shamu show (where, BTW our trusty camcorder gave up the ghost after being drenched by Shamu's wave goodbye). My older girl (as well as hubby and I) loved Kracken and Journey to Atlantis, but we did wish there were more rides. Got our tickets tamped for the second free day, but never made it back :sad2:
Last trip (kids now 10 and 12), we went two days and I have to say my kids loved it as much if not more than WDW and US/IOA. We saw all the shows (which are wonderful BTW- especially Blue Horizons), went on the few rides, enjoyed seeing all the sealife at a relaxed pace and fed the dolphins. THIS was the highlight of the whole trip for them. They each brought home a picture of themselves feeding a dolphin and those pics are displayed in their bedrooms to this day! Now that they have Manta we can't wait to go back, but sadly won't have time on our WDW trip in Oct/Nov. Guess we'll have to book another trip soon!
So yes, for our family it was totally worth it, but like others have said it depends on your family. Your kids are young so they won't be going on the rides we went on but they do have a kiddie section now with some kids rides, and the 4 year old will have a blast in the climbing net (if you let him/her). The shows are fantastic, though I'm not sure how much the 1 year old will be able to take in. But if if it sounds like a park you and your hubby would enjoy go for it- You won't be disappointed!

Our son loved Seaworld when he was younger and I wouldn't hesitate to take small kids. There's a lot to do and lots of great shows.

One thing I have never liked is the food. They do have great Shamu bars though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter