• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is social distancing enforced in the line at Cabanas?

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
I know you have to mask while in line at Cabanas. But do the CMs make sure people stay distanced in line? Like, do they only let parties in at timed intervals, or do CMs watch the lines and call people out if they are not distanced?

Or can people wind up "bunched up" together - i.e., at a station serving something popular where people are stacked up waiting for their turn to be served?

Mods - I'm not inviting a debate on whether or not this is a good or bad idea. I'm just asking what the policy and practices are.

Nah, there's basically no crowd control at all in Cabanas. But, it's also not usually very crowded, so there's not much of a problem.

I too can say that last month it was just politeness that kept the distance. Everyone was masked and you could give eye contact for the “you know I want space, and I’m next” look to adults. Line to get into bingo and most any D-lounge activities were the worst by far.

On the Wonder a few weeks ago, I feel like there was a CM at the entrance to Cabanas who was regulating people getting in line...but there was never actually a line when we were there so I can't say what they would have done if there had been a crowd. There was someone regulating the line up to "meet" characters the one time we went, who enforced having one party per marker on the ground.

The only place where distancing was really enforced and done was the Atrium boarding show where you stand on circles. Most of the time people give each other personal space. But the 6ft rule not really always. But you are masked.

Nope. No forced social distancing in the cabanas line. But, it was never crowded either.

We were on the Magic, 1/31-2/5, and you were led to a station when you entered and directed to order there. (All the stations were identical.) This spaced out the parties, as it seemed people went back to the one they were directed to at the start should they need anything else. The only bottleneck I noticed was the beverage station by the doors to the deck seating because you had people going out, people going in, people getting beverages and CMs bringing in dirty plates in the same area.

No, social distancing is rarely enforced onboard. As a PP said, you have a circle to stand in during the atrium welcome show. They also put space between parties in the theater, and all parties have their own table at dinner. Other than that, no social distancing. I sailed on a HOTHS cruise and there was a Halloween deck party with no social distancing. And the long line for Bingo wasn't distanced at all: it was just like a pre-Covid line. Then when you finally got inside, there was a seated space between parties, but everyone had just stood right next to each other in line, so...

About as logical & consistent as all Covid precautions lol.

Last edited:
No, social distancing is rarely enforced onboard. As a PP said, you have a circle to stand in during the atrium welcome show. They also put space between parties in the theater, and all parties have their own table at dinner. Other than that, no social distancing. I sailed on a HOTHS cruise and there was a Halloween deck party with no social distancing. And the long line for Bingo wasn't distanced at all- it was just like a pre-Covid line. Then when you finally got inside, there was a seated space between parties, but everyone had just stood right next to each other in line, so...

About as logical & consistent as all Covid precautions lol.

I've taken three cruises on the Dream since the restart and on all three cruises, they were pretty strict about enforcing distancing for fireworks. They even tried to split our group of four adults on the last cruise because we weren't standing close enough together and they thought that we were two groups of two!

I've taken three cruises on the Dream since the restart and on all three cruises, they were pretty strict about enforcing distancing for fireworks. They even tried to split our group of four adults on the last cruise because we weren't standing close enough together and they thought that we were two groups of two!
The HOTHS party I went to did not include fireworks. Fireworks were later that evening. The party was not distanced.

The HOTHS party I went to did not include fireworks. Fireworks were later that evening. The party was not distanced.

I understand. I'm just surprised that they didn't enforce the blue dots for the party, but they did for the fireworks. Just more inconsistent enforcement, I guess!

Just off the February 14 Dream. The only place we saw social distancing enforced was in the Walt Disney Theatre. There were 1700 on our cruise.

I know you have to mask while in line at Cabanas. But do the CMs make sure people stay distanced in line? Like, do they only let parties in at timed intervals, or do CMs watch the lines and call people out if they are not distanced?

Or can people wind up "bunched up" together - i.e., at a station serving something popular where people are stacked up waiting for their turn to be served?

Mods - I'm not inviting a debate on whether or not this is a good or bad idea. I'm just asking what the policy and practices are.
When we were there we were probably the only party going through the line (granted I think we ate lunch a little later than most people) it was very empty

No one was able to say for sure but from my Covid testing tent( A) there were quite a few families that came up positive. I think the numbers were really low because there wasn’t much of a line for anything including the AquaDuck or to get off/on the ship.

The only times I saw distance really enforced were when we entered the lobby day 1, at the fireworks, and the theater with the live shows. And the pools have limits too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter