Is SWGE impacting your trip? Discuss your plans here!

I really hope they do one line to enter GE and a separate line for the rest of the park. some of us have not seen Toy Story Land.I heard of this happening elsewhere I think ?????anyone know about it ????
I truly hope you are right about separating the lines. I fear people lining up at all hours of the night to get in the next day. I am hoping our one scheduled HS day we can just get in the park. Like people have previously stated I hate to waste fastpasses and I have a ADR booked too.

We will be there September 16-23 and have ADR for SciFi Dine In lunch and Hollywood Brown Derby with Fantasmic on the 19th. We want to see TSL and the rest of HS though because we are both prone to motion sickness I am not sure that many of the rides will work for us. We are staying at YC and figured we would take the boat to and from HS that say. Probably won’t try to see SWGE unless Disney offers a way to see it for resort guests that doesn’t entail hours in line. Otherwise we’ll pass and see the rest of WDW that we haven’t seen over the last 30 yrs since our last visit!

I just booked for 4 nights, September 12-16. Normally, I go to DHS for Toy Story mania and Frozen Sing-along--and I still haven't be able to ride SDD, so I might brave the crowds to try and hit those. Might even score a SDD FP finally. Otherwise, I'll be doing Food and Wine at Epcot and a Halloween party.

We just booked a 4 night Disney cruise for January and decided to go to DW for two days before to see Star Wars land. I rented points to stay at Boardwalk so we could just walk in and out of Hollywood Studios. Now I'm checking these boards constantly looking for updates. I'll be disappointed if we can get in to Hollywood Studios but not Galaxys Edge. DH really wants to stay at the new Star Wars hotel but I can't find any info on when that may open - other than 'Shortly after Star Wars Land opens'. This will be our 4th DW vacation in 5 years.

We just booked a 4 night Disney cruise for January and decided to go to DW for two days before to see Star Wars land. I rented points to stay at Boardwalk so we could just walk in and out of Hollywood Studios. Now I'm checking these boards constantly looking for updates. I'll be disappointed if we can get in to Hollywood Studios but not Galaxys Edge. DH really wants to stay at the new Star Wars hotel but I can't find any info on when that may open - other than 'Shortly after Star Wars Land opens'. This will be our 4th DW vacation in 5 years.

RE: the star wars hotel, I believe the current predicted opening is either 2020 or 2021, but more than likely LATE 2020. And all indicators are that it's going to be a lot like a cruise line (you can't just book one night there, it will be a set period of time - like 3 or 5 days - when you are "on the ship" and participating in the immersive story). Hopefully we'll hear soon how they plan to handle entry into SWGE, so that at least everyone knows what to expect!

RE: the star wars hotel, I believe the current predicted opening is either 2020 or 2021, but more than likely LATE 2020. And all indicators are that it's going to be a lot like a cruise line (you can't just book one night there, it will be a set period of time - like 3 or 5 days - when you are "on the ship" and participating in the immersive story). Hopefully we'll hear soon how they plan to handle entry into SWGE, so that at least everyone knows what to expect!

Thanks! I assumed that it the hotel wouldn't be open when we're there in January, but everything I read online has been so vague. I'm holding off on buying park tickets until I hear about they handle SWGE entry. Just like everyone else - I'll be so upset if I spend ~$800 to get my family in to HS and not be able to go to SWGE.

This should impact a lot of people.

The Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit will include Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as other experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom theme parks. Here’s the rundown:

• Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.
(Please note that on Aug. 29-31, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6 a.m. for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on those days.)

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park (same as today’s morning Extra Magic Hours offerings).
  • Magic Kingdom Park —Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily from Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring favorite attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (same as today’s morning EMH offerings).
Extra Magic Hours will also continue to be available on select days at Epcot.

Went in to MDE to cancel/modify a few breakfast reservations for our September trip in light of the new hours and it states that one must call to cancel or modify reservations. I expect that a LOT of dining reservations are being cancelled or modified. Ha!

Hopefully they give Extra Extra Hours for Disneyland this summer and give that one day out of three perk for Good Neighbors Hotels. We are still holding off buying tickets because we won’t go as long if there is no way to see SWGE.

Hopefully they give Extra Extra Hours for Disneyland this summer and give that one day out of three perk for Good Neighbors Hotels. We are still holding off buying tickets because we won’t go as long if there is no way to see SWGE.
As of now Disney has already stated that SWGE will not be part of emh/mm.

We are onsite 29th Aug - 1 Sept at WDW. We find very unfair that there are no extra magic hours for resort guests 29-31 August for GE.
We can't even use the extra magic hours on the 1 September as we are checking out that day.
I have sent a complaint email and if anyone out there is in the same boat if they could also send a complaint maybe they might do something about it. Worth a shot. thanks

We are onsite 29th Aug - 1 Sept at WDW. We find very unfair that there are no extra magic hours for resort guests 29-31 August for GE.
We can't even use the extra magic hours on the 1 September as we are checking out that day.
I have sent a complaint email and if anyone out there is in the same boat if they could also send a complaint maybe they might do something about it. Worth a shot. thanks
You are allowed to use emh on your check in and check out dates. And before this DHS only had emh in the mornings on Sunday’s.

I totally agree! We’re in the same situation. Absolutely ridiculous! I plan to send a complaint to guest services as well.

I’m staying onsite for opening day and I’m completely fine with this. It’s opening day everyone should get a fair shot, it shouldn’t matter if you are staying onsite. Just get up early and stand in line. I already told my family, we will get up very early and wait.

I’m staying onsite for opening day and I’m completely fine with this. It’s opening day everyone should get a fair shot, it shouldn’t matter if you are staying onsite. Just get up early and stand in line. I already told my family, we will get up very early and wait.
I totally get no onsite advantage for opening day, but to not have it start day 2 is surprising and in my opinion, unfair.

I totally get no onsite advantage for opening day, but to not have it start day 2 is surprising and in my opinion, unfair.

It’s really not unfair, offsite guest only get 3 days. It’s a huge disadvantage the rest of the time for offsite guests. Onsite guest will have a three hour advantage, the lines will be crazy long by time the park opens to all guest.

I wonder if they will have separate lines for entering if guests are not interested in SW. I don’t see how they will not reach park capacity everyday with the following SW has. Other threads keep mentioning they are keeping crowds low in GE so really long lines but the rest of the park should be pretty enjoyable. Curious to how will they separate the guests ? Or if they even will?

It’s really not unfair, offsite guest only get 3 days. It’s a huge disadvantage the rest of the time for offsite guests. Onsite guest will have a three hour advantage, the lines will be crazy long by time the park opens to all guest.
So this was done to encourage offsite guests to come to the first 3 days of opening? I don’t get it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter