Is that my luggage?

Mish19

<font color=magenta>Dared to light another candle!
I was wondering how everyone marks their luggage to tell if it's theirs on the airline luggage carousel. My grandparents had super fluffy wool on their handles but my grandfather can't remember how they made them. Would love to hear what others use.

I have a big sticker on the front and a luggage tag from AK. Not very creative but I usually try to carry my luggage on board. I've seen some Mickey Mouse luggage straps at WDW but I'm sure a lot of people coming back will have those. :rolleyes:

i use a piece of ribbon.
Wide, bright and ugly!! :)
I'm using white and orange checkered. It is VERY obvious.
The same ribbon has been on for years. It works great!

My mother uses wide tape and straps it across the luggage. The downfall to this is that it can get pulled off!

We also do the ribbons- we go to a local craft store and buy it on sale, as long as it is big and bright! We bring extra with us just in case something happens to it, we have more for the trip home.

One year Burger King or McD's was giving out keychains(for kids meals)that had big neon colored animals on them.We use those on most bags,and if we have too many bags we use ribbon.

We bought those locking straps that you put around your luggage a few years ago. They are bright red! Haven't had any trouble identifying our luggage since, plus it's a little bit of extra security that your luggage won't pop open when they toss it around.

I got these bright pink circles from WalMArt that have aplace for name and address. Works like a charm :)

My DGD and I are going to make some Disney luggage tags for a project while waiting to go. I'll laminate them at work & tie them on the handles with some lime green ribbon!

We've always done the ribbon thing, but when we were on our last trip we saw someone's luggage with a sock (men's gym sock) tied across the handle! How original! At least you know that no one else is going to grab your luggage!

The funniest thing I read was on another thread similar to this one. Some guy had put duct tape around his luggage and wrote in black marker "This is not your bag". :p Totally thought that was great!! And I bet no one ever took his bag by mistake!!!

I bought two BRIGHT GREEN luggage tags from Target. I was going to put some pictures of Pooh in them and I'm looking for some Disney Ribbon to tie around the handle too... just for double protection...

I love the sock idea... bet he gave out a lot of smiles that day!!
:D

I used to work for an airline as a ticket agent and saw many ways to mark luggage - colored straps, duct tape, toys and keyrings, big tags, and gaudy suitcases so old no one had anything like it. The most original I encountered was stenciling a travel related picture. I use a United Airlines tie that a disgruntled employee threw out his car window.

One year we were inundated with Red Marlboro roller duffels. Everyone thought their red bag would stand out, but every flight had a few of them. We found it funny.

Originally posted by zulaya
The funniest thing I read was on another thread similar to this one. Some guy had put duct tape around his luggage and wrote in black marker "This is not your bag". :p Totally thought that was great!! And I bet no one ever took his bag by mistake!!!

I was just about to post about my doing this when I thought maybe I should read all of the posts before I did so. :)

Wifeypoo hates when I do this, but the few times we fly with checked luggage, it does make two things:

1) makes it easier to pick the black bag out of the line
2) gives a really big hint to someone looking for their own black bags that maybe the bag isn't theirs. :)

-Joe

I was gifted a roll of LIME GREEN Cloth Ribbon before our WDW trip. The night before we left we tied lengths of Lime Green to all the luggage,our fanny bagsand my hat!!

I thought we would see a sea of lime green ribbon at the Orlando Airport. We didn't see any the Whole trip!!

We have bright green LeSportsac luggage that we can spot a mile away! We volunteered for a bump once and were able to have our luggage pulled as it was being loaded onto the plane-we spotted it from the gate(through the window)!

I saw some bags going into my last flight with those shower puffs tied to the handle (the psuedo-loofas made of plastic) Very bright and noticeable!

Ok, this isn't quite 'luggage', but it's the same concept as my 'This isn't your bag' labels... Since we take our film to Sam's Club for processing, it can be difficult to pick your photo's out of the public access bins. This is especially true when your last name begins with 'M'. :)

(For those who don' know, Sam's places finished photo products on the floor in bins, saving employees from having to hunt down the bags, but making the customers do some work for their inexpensive processing).

Anyway, searching through the bins under 'M' for up to 20 bags of photos is difficult, and the numbers on the bags aren't much help. So, I've taken to marking the top of my bags with a pink highlighter...which works really well at making the bags stand out...until about 30 other people got the same idea. :)

-Joe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter