Is that my luggage?

Jimminarik: Along the same idea - we use the name "XAVIER" to make it easier as not a lot of people have a last name that begins with "X"!!

Since my first trip where I had to check my luggage was on a school sponsored tour of Washington DC and I had recieved a plain black suitcase (Identical to about a million at DCA) I made Neon blue Paw Prints (Our school Mascot was the bengal Tiger) and taped them all over my suit case. I was the only one in DC with a black and blue polka dot suitcase. Over the next almost 10 years a few have fallen off or have gotten ripped off so I just keep adding them on. Perhapse stickers would work better.
Minnesota

My mother was throwing out a few pink scarfs. I took them and use them. Very easy to find my luggage. Another idea is buy some fabric that is unusual and tie that to the handle. My bright pink scarf works very well.

I found lime green tape in Walmart that I tape to the handles of the luggage. Very easy to spot!

We can handle upwards of 1000 pieces of luggage in a day, in huge bunches. My biggest piece of advice is DO NOT BUY BLACK LUGGAGE! If you can also don't buy dark green or red as that is also popular. This is the single most important thing I looked for when I bought my luggage. I cannot tell you how funny we think it is when someone comes looking for their "small, black suitcase on wheels" amongst a sea of the same thing.

Next is to try to travel with a luggage set (all matching pieces). This makes it very easy to tell that your bags all go together.

After that is to mark it. All of the ideas above have been done. Rainbow yarn pompoms, ribbon is popular, tape on the handles, 1950's era chiffon scarves, I saw somene today that had tied old pieces of towel to their handles. The more obnoxious it is the better.

Along the same lines is to make sure your name is ALL OVER your luggage, as well as where you aregoing. It should be on a permanent tag, a disposable airline tag and inside the smallest outside pocket. If you are going on a tour (such as the Disney Cruise) make sure you legibly and fully fill out any tags that are given to you. Also remember that most bags have two different handles and you should try to get something on each one.

Lastly, on behalf of Bellmen everywhere, PACK LIGHTLY! :teeth:

Jennifer

My mom must have bought the most awful lugguge recently. The colors are gross and the designs are worse. My mother said she bought it so she would know it was hers. I'd rather do the ribbon idea instead, but I am sure few people would buy what she got( it was on sale).

My mom bought the most repulsive fluorescent pink luggage tags. I was horrified when she presented them to my when my fiance and I went to Hawaii earlier this year. But, of course she was right - our luggage stuck out in the slew of medium sized black suitcases!:)

We stick a bunch of little round (about the size of a quarter)Disney character stickers we have, all over the luggage. Makes it VERY easy to tell when one of your bags is coming around the conveyor belt.

Mirth

We put our initials on the bottom of the luggage w/duct tape (has anyone actually taped a duct with duct tape? )
if the luggage is coming round bottom first you are looking right at it and even if not it is easy enough to see as it gets to you.

We also have our lime green ribbons on all handles and zipper pulls.

Colleen

We bought Red Mickey straps, we have those key chain things McDonalds had given out in happy meals a few years ago, and we made bright yellow pom-poms from yarn that we tie on the handles.
With all this stuff, we usually don't have any problems!

My sister outlined her black roll on luggage with neon pink fabric paint....doesn't look as bad as it sounds. She travels a lot and it still looks nice over 2 years later and you can not miss it. Personally I would go with something a little less conspicous. I never have had a problem finding ours.

Unfortunately we have black bags!! But I bought matching luggage straps for about $5 each and also bought cheap (from the $ store) luggage straps. I wrap one of each around each bag, it is very easy to spot our bags - and I hope it will deter from someone opening our bags. Most people dont use two straps, especially in the color combination we use. We can spot our bags from a distance. The dollar store straps are rainbow colored, but should not be used to hold anything together as they are not made well.

I have always used tiny little stuffed animals hung on the handles of my suitcases by tiny little hair-elastic "nooses". For some reason, every time I have flown this past year, the little guys are gone and my luggage is indistinguishable from the rest. The last time I flew, I bought the bright pink wal-mart circles. Again, gone. So I went to a flea market Saturday and bought those plastic ties that you have to cut off after you apply them (lime green, of course) and will put them all over the suitcases. Hope that works.

I was thinking about using some multi colored zip ties.... It would also discourage luggage tampering..

We have the taboo dark green luggage, as do many. We have taken to using surveyor's tape ( which is always in a bright color) to mark our luggage. It's cheap, durable, and comes on a big roll, so will last through many trips. As an added point, we have also used this on our rented strollers at WDW. It's not that we don't trust people, but rather, when we walked out to a sea of strollers after an attraction, it sure made it easier to find our stroller!
Happy Hunting!

We somehow have aquired about 30 or 40 luggage tages. Everyone knows we go to WDW a lot and always gives us their extras. Needless to say, we have about 8 tags on each piece of luggage. I haven't run into any other luggage that has that many tags yet.

I like the duct tape on the bottom of the bag idea! I think we will try it next week. Maybe I'll put something like "This One" or "Hey, Over Here" on the tape in big letters.

Make your own on the computer. You can make them as big as you want and add any graphics to them. Persosnalize them with your name, address, etc. Go to Kinko or Staples and have them laminated, and punch a hole through them. Then attach them to your luggage. :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter