Is the Castaway Cay 5K really "5K"?

Right. The first time I did it, I went into the loop going the wrong way and eventually figured that out - somehow I thought the race was more official than it really was and that I needed to turn around. So I did and did the entire loop the correct way...hence the 3.69-mile CC5K I referenced above. :upsidedow
I 100% believed that I went the right way until I found that image online. I am the person going the wrong way I mentioned in an above post.

I did it in 2015 and I must have been sicker than I thought (I developed a respiratory infection on-board) - I remember doing the loop twice, I but have no memory of the order. I was just looking at the map, confused. Ha!

Thanks for the details on the course, and that great map! I'll have to study up... ha! I'm so exited about visiting Castaway Cay and I love that we get to run a fun 5K.

We are sailing on our first Disney Cruise and looking forward to our day at Castaway Cay. I just learned about the 5k and was wondering if people dress up like they do for the other runDisney events????
Christie,
We have done the Castaway Cay Challenge a couple of years and the regular 5ks on the island many times. I don't recall many dressed up for these. Some people may have worn their skirts or a themed hat/ears, but nothing like the usual RunDisney events at WDW. Could be the focus of just finish the race, find a chair at the beach, and relax? It can be very warm and especially humid in "The Loop".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter