Is the CR observation deck open to the public?

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
I have the Passporter 2003 edition. VIP Tips, pg. 250, Contemporary Resort, states......"the observation deck on the 15th floor is no longer open to the general public". Is that still true!!!? I don't want to waste the time to go over there to see the fireworks if we won't be able to get out there. We're not interested in eating at the CG on this trip.

I have read on the forums that the observation deck that you had to walk through the restaurant to get to is now just for Cal. Grill diners. The last time we dined at the Grill (pre-2003) there were a lot of people getting off the elevators and walking through the restaurant to the deck. It didn't bother me at all but I did see several dirty looks directed at them from the waitstaff, some who had food or drinks to deliver but had to wait for the people going to the deck to pass. Even dh noticed the looks. I am NO authority and may be way off base but I'm guessing that's why they don't allow it anymore. Is that the only observation deck at the CR?

We ate there last week and it's posted that 15th floor observation deck is only for dinner guests at the C.G. The 4th floor has a deck open to all others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter