Is the disney college program housing expensive?

Depends on where you're living. It ranges from between $90-120/week in Florida and $140/week in California.

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if the CP housing is expensive?

That depends on how you look at it. For simplicity sake let's say the rent in FL is an even $100/wk. Now $400/month for rent isn't bad at all for one person. But if you have 8 people in the apartment all paying $100 that's $3200/month. You could find less expensive arrangements going outside of company housing but you lose the conveniences of the Disney housing, plus no grocery bingo.

plus no grocery bingo.
Whats grocery bingo?

As for housing, it depends how you look at the overall picture. To me it seemed a little expensive considering how many people are in each apartment (like leeg said) but if you think about things like gas you save by using the buses or not having to drive from farther away it isnt as bad as it may seem.

Whats grocery bingo?

As for housing, it depends how you look at the overall picture. To me it seemed a little expensive considering how many people are in each apartment (like leeg said) but if you think about things like gas you save by using the buses or not having to drive from farther away it isnt as bad as it may seem.

Grocery bingo is a (weekly?) game that Housing does where you play bingo and if you win you get a bag of groceries

Housing fees are taken out of your paycheck. Vista Way rooms are the cheapest, while Chatham and Patterson are slightly more expensive. The rooms containing eight people are also the cheapest per apartment complex, while the two person rooms are most expensive.

Housing fees are taken out of your paycheck. Vista Way rooms are the cheapest, while Chatham and Patterson are slightly more expensive. The rooms containing eight people are also the cheapest per apartment complex, while the two person rooms are most expensive.

Wait what do u mean 8 people 1 apartment

Oh ok... So it's included in my paycheck right? So it's sorta free right?

Sorta. It's painless because you never have to "pay" the $ manually, but it cuts almost a day of work out of your paycheck depending on your role.

If you decide to stay in Company Sponsored Housing, you will pay between $90 and $120 a week depending on what complex and how many rooms in your apartment. You will be sharing a room with another CP. All of the Apartments come furnished with furniture and appliances (if anything is broken or missing at check-in, they will be fixed/replaced). After that, you may be charged for replacement/damage costs which are divided equally amongst all persons living in the apartment.

Your housing fee not only includes your living arrangements, but also utilities (internet is available, must provide your own router, basic cable, cannot upgrade to satellite or digital) and bus transportation to/ from property and other areas around town (wal-mart, shopping centers, etc.).

Your housing fee is deducted automatically from your paycheck, just like taxes. If you take a week off to go home, you will be double charged the following week.

Your pay will range from High $7 to low $9 depending on your role. Those who are in entertainment will get paid higher rates, but, for what they go through, they deserve it.

I had 5 roommates at Chatham Square both my programs. You barely notice the rent when you get your paycheck since its taken out beforehand. It wasn't too bad and everything (utilities and the like) is included. I miss rent like that, lol.

I had 5 roommates at Chatham Square both my programs. You barely notice the rent when you get your paycheck since its taken out beforehand. It wasn't too bad and everything (utilities and the like) is included. I miss rent like that, lol.
So how much was left in your pay check?

So, if you're wanting to come down to Florida (or California) to do the DCP thinking you will be making the big bucks, you're grossly mistaken. This is an internship designed to help you get work experience. The truth is, you don't make much while you're down here, unless you pick up every available shift and rack up overtime.

After taxes and housing, you are generally left with about $200 each week, pennies yes. If you have a car payment or other bills you have to pay, you will have a hard time financially.

Don't let that discourage you though, I came down here, still needing to make car payments in addition to some other bills. It was tough, but I picked up OT and also got a second job at one of the spots in DTD. I didn't have much free time, but I could live comfortably.

200? That's about twice what I had after my rent and taxes was taken out on my college program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter