Is the "First Pickle of the Day" thing real?

I feel fairly savvy with any/everything Disneyland, yet my daughter said on our next trip she wants to buy the first pickle of the day in Disneyland and get a pin and certificate for this. Is this real? If so, can I get in on the details of this task.

Don't know, but we got "first pineapple Dole Whip of the day" buttons a few years back. It was so funny because I didn't know they did it.

I feel fairly savvy with any/everything Disneyland, yet my daughter said on our next trip she wants to buy the first pickle of the day in Disneyland and get a pin and certificate for this. Is this real? If so, can I get in on the details of this task.

I've never seen a certificate for it, but there is definitely a button. I believe it has to be purchased at the Main Street Cart to get it. I've never done it, but I know you really have to hustle and make sure you're there very early. (May want to google around for some tips on how to get the first pickle from others who have done it.)

There's also a book you get to sign if you are the first guest of the day at Storybook Canal boats and at Winnie the Pooh, but you probably can't do both first pickle and first rider, unless you can teleport.

I've never seen a certificate for it, but there is definitely a button. I believe it has to be purchased at the Main Street Cart to get it. I've never done it, but I know you really have to hustle and make sure you're there very early. (May want to google around for some tips on how to get the first pickle from others who have done it.)

There's also a book you get to sign if you are the first guest of the day at Storybook Canal boats and at Winnie the Pooh, but you probably can't do both first pickle and first rider, unless you can teleport.

Correct, it is a button. Main Street Cart at Starbucks entrance.

I can't give any hints I am afraid, we just happened to be the first people in not running for Starbucks or Peter Pan - been a while. lol

For the vets, didn't there used to be a frequent poster here on the DIS that had a first pickle of the day button as their profile picture? I seem to remember that, but can't recall the posters name. At any rate, that was the first time I learned about it (after googling). Glad to hear it's still a thing! I might try for one!

For the vets, didn't there used to be a frequent poster here on the DIS that had a first pickle of the day button as their profile picture? I seem to remember that, but can't recall the posters name. At any rate, that was the first time I learned about it (after googling). Glad to hear it's still a thing! I might try for one!
I remember that too. Wasn't it Skye Girl? Can't remember the full name with numbers.

That's so neat! Now I want a first pickle of the day button. The Dole Whip one sounds like fun, too!

I managed to get a "1st Pin Trade of the Day" one time. Never even had heard about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter