• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the Frozen meet and greet REALLY 200+ mins?

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
I have to ask if those posted times are true.

I can't imagine waiting over 3.5 hrs for a meet and greet. Don't blame those that do. It may be the one thing the little one wants while there.

But, I am wondering if they are true numbers or just exaggerated to keep the line at least acceptable?

I saw the line when we were there in Norway - it was mid afternoon and it looked at least an hour. But I have heard of waits up to 5 hours :sad1:! So glad I have a teenager who is not interested in the characters! We go to Chef Mickey, get our pictures with the headliners, and are done!

True numbers. Do a search on disboards and you can hear from people who waited 3 hours.....

They are true. I recently read an article written by someone who stood in the line for 4 hours.

My cousin is there now. On Tuesday, his daughter was first on line for the Elsa and Anna M&G. At 9:03 when they were done (MK opened at 9), the Stand-By line was at 300 minutes.

The biggest problem is that they are having a real problem casting Elsa. Our UNdiscovered FW tour guide explained this to us a couple of weeks ago. Basically, CMs who are typical princesses can't be her due to the way that her face is shaped and copyright issues and so on and so forth. So, because of that, they simply can't just replaced when they go on break.

Also, think about the average time a person is at a M&G. From the time the people before them leave, they get to the character, they have their interaction, they get their autograph and picture taken and leave, you are looking at a solid 2-3 minutes (of course give or take). If they give away, I don't know, 10 FP an hour for them, plus their break, you are looking at just a handfull of SB guests getting to see them in an hour. If you get 10 parties on the SB line, you are already almost at an hour wait at that point.

200 minutes? 300 minutes??

I can't imagine.
There aren't enough Dole Whips to get me to do that!

The times mentioned here do not apply to FP.

Thank you. I think when we are there for our 8:35am CRT ressie, I will do my best to get a FP for about an 1.5 hour later. :) Hopefully the FP line will not be too long.

Our UNdiscovered FW tour guide explained this to us a couple of weeks ago. Basically, CMs who are typical princesses can't be her due to the way that her face is shaped and copyright issues and so on and so forth.

I wonder if the tour guide just completely made that up or was fed that nonsense by someone else.

Thank you. I think when we are there for our 8:35am CRT ressie, I will do my best to get a FP for about an 1.5 hour later. :) Hopefully the FP line will not be too long.

I really doubt there will be any FP available the day of. You'd be better off sending people out of breakfast early to stand in line or at least get as close to the line as possible.

Re: the FP wait, we waited about 10 minutes for our turn with a FP.

In my experience, the wait is actually LONGER than quoted!! We waited yesterday. We got there originally at 8:30 am and the quoted wait was at 300 min so we left and decided to come back later. We came back at 10:30 and it said 220 min so we decided to wait. We stood in line from 10:30-3:00, essentially 290 minutes to see them. I stepped out of line about 15 minutes in to take my daughter to the restroom (someone held my spot) and they reduced the number to 180 min at that point. There was NO possible way to get through that line in 180 minutes. It was so long!!!! It seemed like the line never moved and we got to spend a whole 3 minutes with them. So many people had fast passes. We missed our dining reservation because the time was quoted so far off. Luckily the crystal palace was understanding.

I know for a fact that they have had a challenge with the casting.

The rest about copyright issues is pure BS but they have had multiple casting calls just to cast "more friends" for A and E.

The biggest problem is that they are having a real problem casting Elsa. Our UNdiscovered FW tour guide explained this to us a couple of weeks ago. Basically, CMs who are typical princesses can't be her due to the way that her face is shaped and copyright issues and so on and so forth. So, because of that, they simply can't just replaced when they go on break.

Oh people are so gullible! Sitting waiting to pick my DS up from High school I can see a handful of Elsa's any day. Just come to the upper Midwest land of the blonde, blue eyed girls and you can have your pick. or whatever color her eyes are we have them.

We were there last Thursday and had fast passes for 10:15, got right in and they were wonderful, didn't rush talked to both kids(boy and girl). The stand by line was already at 400 minutes that morning. When we passed by around 8:30 pm the wait was only 20 minutes for them. Maybe wait til the end of the end day and see if you get lucky.
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter