Is the Halloween party worth it?

We learned this pretty quickly for Jack Skellington!

We did this for Jack Sparrowin 2015 and Seven Dwarves last year. WE were so early for the dwar
Since the presentation of this is causing some angst, let me go about it in a different way.

We personally found trick-or-treating to not be a good use of party time because:
  • The lines were long. We would rather spend our time experiencing things we can't at home.
  • Rude adults pushed my children out of the way more than once. If you thought lining up to watch the parade was bad....
  • Babysitting the candy all night is not conducive to theme park touring. Who wants to worry about what will happen to the candy when you're riding Big Thunder?
  • Kids want to eat candy they receive. Immediately. Crowds, hot costumes, theme park rides, and excessive candy are a recipe for something unpleasant.
  • As a previous poster mentioned. Not only do you have to figure out what to do with the candy that night, you have to figure out what to do with it on departure day. We drive, but spend all day on our departure day in the park. Candy and a hot car do not mix.
  • The party is a great time to ride rides while other guests focus on different things.
  • The candy is generic. Face it, you're not getting full size Snickers bars from Disney.

That's a much better way to phrase something

It was worth it! :love:

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Honestly, we probably would have ended up skipping it without the positive dis feedback on this thread. Of course we didn't get to do everything, but that's how it is with Disney. Our kids were candy and ride focused and we caught part of one parade. Unfortunately we didn't get to see shows or characters. It was very crowded. Would be perfect if they would have a few less people. We waited to the second parade because we thought it would be less crowded, but it was still like 8-10 people deep. Ugh. But we still had a blast.

During this time of year we normally tend to be more on the Thanksgiving/Christmas dates, but I will say we did overlap with the Halloween party and were leaving MK. Across in the monorail compartment was a Mom and her very young daughter who were both dressed in Hocapontus themed costumes. Pretty cool and well done. Watching, listening and observing them just on the monorail ride told us they were going to have a great time....value is in your hands. :)

We’ve done it every year and love it! We always get so much candy and basically walk on every single ride.

It’s cute to see all of the creative costumes and Boo to You is my favorite parade. Best time at MK

2 years ago we went to 2 MNSSHP - one was really quiet and we got tons of candy, rides, and saw the parades. 2nd I stood in line for J&S and DH/DD came back multiple times to say it was shoulder to shoulder people, people pushing into one another, etc. He also told me watching some podcasts he said they're really over-selling tickets and the parks are very very crowded. Not sure if this is the case or will be the case for MVMCP but If if its, it'll be our last 'party' we attend.

Maybe we just had a bad one-time experience, but we hated MNSSHP. We're not huge Halloween lovers in the first place, but we were excited to trick or treat and ride rides. Well, it rained for about 2 minutes and that was enough to shut down every single ride in the park. Even POTC and Space Mountain were down most of the night. The trick or treat lines were long, winding, and busy busy busy. Can't say anything about the shows or parades because we were so underwhelmed (and in pain from blisters) that we just left a couple hours after it started.

Now we're going to a Christmas party. That was planned even before the Halloween one and since it's non-refundable... well... we'll see how it goes. At least a Christmas parade sounds more exciting to our family than a Halloween one.

I guess just ask yourself if you like Halloween enough to justify the cost. We didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter