Is the Ohana Dinner Kid Friendly?

kittyab

DIS Veteran
My DD is very picky. The meal looks interesting to an adult but what a about a child? My DD is 9.

Very kid friendly. That said, only you can decide whether you daughter will be satisfied with the food choices.

I recall that they have a whole bunch of asian themed side dishes that they bring beforehand....along with a lot of breads.

My kids would chow down on the breads, noodles and pot stickers......all of this before the huge skewers of meat they bring you.

Just do what I do......have a early lunch and then save your appetite before going there to eat.

Yes, the first time we went my son was 2. I wasn't sure how much he would eat, and they said they could make grilled cheese, and some other things. He ended up loving the chicken wings but they brought him a grilled cheese as well.

They will bring the kids standard kids menu items if they don't like the regular menu. When we went in September my niece ate from the skewers and got nuggets and my nephew got a burger. They were awesome to bring whatever they wanted. Don't shy away, they make sure kids are happy!

My kids always get food off the kids menu at Kona when we eat at Ohana - usually Mac and cheese. But they also snarf down the noodles and chicken wings.

We had a 2 yr old and a 9 yr old last year that loved it. They enjoyed the coconut race. Kids menu was offered if they had wanted something different. They loved the veggies, potstickers, noodles, and bread.

You can get alternative kids items but you will still pay the full 'OHana childs price. It ends up being an expensive alternative dinner

Ohana is very kid friendly...I mean, cubes of meat, noodles, wings, bread?

It is my kids favorite place. Has been since they ate for free!! (those were the days!!!).

My dd (12 at the time) didn't think it was kid-friendly, food wise. And yes, she is picky. It was more the sauces, dressings on the food that she didn't like.
She loved the atmosphere! We had no idea there was a kids menu then (just found out reading this thread! She's kinda ticked she didn't know then lol!)

So, I know I'm the only one who disagrees but this response is straight from the picky dd's mouth ;)

We were there last month and if you have a child that will not eat the meal provided there, they will offer other typical kids foods. My daughter ate chicken tenders, french fries and mac and cheese. And for dessert they also brought out a plate of brownie like cupcakes. These were just typical WDW chicken/mac/fries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter