Is the race date range for Proof of Time really 2 years now?

mbrittb00

DIS Veteran
My wife and I are registerd for the Wine and Dine Two Course Challenge in November. We have been planning to run in a 10k next month to get our proof of time. My wife recently noticed that the PoT start date for this years W&D is November, 1, 2015 (two years). I thought that the PoT had to have been within the last 12 months. Has this changed? Is this 2015 a typo? I already have a 10k for PoT that will far exceed my wife's. Since we were planning to run together at W&D, I was considering running with her for next months 10k (she always runs faster when we run together) to try to help improve HER time and thus OUR corral placement. BUT, I don't want to submit a time from October 2016 only to find out later that the website had a typo and that my PoT isn't valid, and find myself in the last Corral.

My wife and I are registerd for the Wine and Dine Two Course Challenge in November. We have been planning to run in a 10k next month to get our proof of time. My wife recently noticed that the PoT start date for this years W&D is November, 1, 2015 (two years). I thought that the PoT had to have been within the last 12 months. Has this changed? Is this 2015 a typo? I already have a 10k for PoT that will far exceed my wife's. Since we were planning to run together at W&D, I was considering running with her for next months 10k (she always runs faster when we run together) to try to help improve HER time and thus OUR corral placement. BUT, I don't want to submit a time from October 2016 only to find out later that the website had a typo and that my PoT isn't valid, and find myself in the last Corral.

From active.com for the 2018 Disney 1/2 marathon [1/6/18]:

If you selected an anticipated half marathon finish time 2 hours and 45 minutes or less, you must enter your proof of time information below. Only races run on or after January 1, 2016 can be used as proof.

It's been 2 years of lookback for the last couple of 1/2's I've entered.

It's been 2 years of lookback for the last couple of 1/2's I've entered.

Agreed.

Just looked back at my Tower of Terror 2013 receipt and in a followup email it states:

What do I need for my proof of time?
For the 10-Miler you will need a certified 10K or longer race result on or after July 1st, 2011, which includes the race name, distance, date, city and state.

So that's actually MORE than 2 years since the run was October 2013.

For January 2017 Star Wars half...

Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after January 1, 2015...

So that's almost 2 years.

All my other registration emails have links to find out more about POT (in the email they only list the submission deadline and the speed), and of course the links are dead.

You don't look stupid. It's a good question. I think that most people don't realize that there's a decent timeframe for that POT race.

Wait. So I could use my time from Dopey 2016 for 2018? Not that I'd want to since Disney times are slower :p
Yeah, it says a race within Jan. 1, 2016 - Oct. 3, 2017 for marathon 2018 weekend. I've been using Disney races for the last few I've done since I haven't done a non-disney race in a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter