Is the USA going to get rid of DST (Daylight Savings Time)?

Is it Daylight “Saving” or “Savings” Time? The correct term is “Daylight Saving Time“ and not “Daylight Savings Time” (with an extra “s”), though many of us are guilty of saying it the wrong way. The technical explanation is that the word “saving” is singular because it acts as part of an adjective rather than a verb.

IMO, both SAVING and SAVINGS should be DUMPED
It is Daylight Saving Time. Not sure where the extra S came from

It is Daylight Saving Time. Not sure where the extra S came from

I think people just find it easier to say with the S - it flows better (just like when trying to combine two names - a first and middle, or two founders' names for a business, for instance - they just sound better in one order than the other).

I don't quite get why the extra S bothers some people so much.

Last edited:
I prefer DST. Light is more useful in the evening than in the morning, IMO. Plus, if we were on standard time in the summer it would be getting light at about 4am, which is just ridiculous.
I do live towards the far eastern side of my timezone, so people towards the western end may not feel the same.
I agree. Its hard getting my family up in the morning regardless of if the sun is coming up or not, so I'd prefer to have more light in the evening when it's actually useful to us.

images

Yeah - I wish they would just keep it DST and move on.

I have enough issues sleeping and the change always makes it worse.
My husband & I are both insomniacs & it takes us WEEKS to get back on track sleep-wise after each change - I hate when "normal sleepers" say it's no big deal - it IS a big deal for those of us with severe sleep issues :guilty:

The twice a year thread revived yet again.

There are more daylight hours during the Summer then Winter (at least in the Northern Hemisphere), so no amount of fiddling with the clock is going to change that.

I hate DST can be:
Daylight Savings Time
Daylight Standard Time

There is no "Daylight Standard Time". Depending where you live, it is: Eastern Standard Time, Central Standard Time, Mountain Standard Time, Pacific Standard Time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter