• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the World of Color dining packages worth it?

I saw one person post that they arrived 30 minutes before the show with the dining package. Is that the standard amount of time to get there beforehand? I'm planning to be there on an 8/9 crowd level day

There really isn't one textbook answer to this question since the crowds can vary so much from day to day. We've found the best rule of thumb is to ask our server how crowded the Preferred Dining viewing area should be that night. The restaurants should have a good idea based on how many PD prix fixe meals were sold. If the viewing area will be crowded, then we allow more time to line up.

The World of Color seating wasn't as crowded as getting a fast pass and we were able to sit in the blue section instead of the yellow section like all the other times. Great view of the whole show! We think it was worth it!

Just a side note for those inquiring about FP. Last summer there was a CM at the GC entrance handing out fastpasses before ropedrop every day, so need to wait at the machines. Cannot comment if this is the case at the main entrance as well.

The dessert party looks awesome but I couldn't convince DH to do it (he doesn't want to pay that much "for dessert"). We are doing the dining package again. I liked doing it but you can always skip it and just get a regular fast pass for the show.

Last week - with HUGE crowds - we got a blue FP early in the day. Showed up 65 minutes early & had our choice of spots on the bridge. Perfect viewing. So glad I didn't spend the extra $$$. Dessert Party does look awesome though if you have the cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter