Is there a clinic near by? DD needs allergy injections.

JesNJakesMom

Mouseketeer
My DD will need to receive her allergy shots while we are at Disney. My doctor said I can bring her serum with us in a cooler and have any doctor give her the shot. Has anyone else needed to do this or know of where we can get a GOOD doctor to administer her shots?

You might want to inquire at the first aid stations at the theme parks. There are nurses at all of them, I would assume they are qualified to administer a shot. Not sure they would do it though due to policy, etc.

There is a walk in clinic in the vacinity of the crossroads shopping plaza. I know it is across the street from the plaza, can't remember how far up or down the road it is though.

CentraCare is the urgent care center near the parks and there is a location across from the Crossroads Shopping Center. They also will come pick you up at your resort if necessary. I would contact them to see if they can do your daughter's shots.

Thank you very much for the information. My DD and I greatly appreciate it. I will call them today!

My husband came down with a sinus infection and went there to get it treated, as he thought it would be less expensive than an emergency room. Wrong guess.

CentraCare would take neither of his two health insurance carriers. The bill was nearly $200 to do a 10-minute exam and fill a scrip for a Z-pak. We were told that it was because they charged a fee for processing his file as a new patient. If he had gone to the ER and had the scrip done at the nearest Walgreen's, the out-of-pocket expense would only have been $60.

I would have CentraCare check your insurances before you go down, if nothing else, it should save you a nasty surprise on the expense of having the shot administered.

We used Centra Care last year when our then 8 1/2 month old had an allergic reaction to her antibotics. We thought they were great and it ended up costing us 113. They also provided the transportation to and from Poly with a car seat. However we knew they wouldn't accept our insurance (BCBS) but felt the peace of mind in knowing she was ok was worth it. I did feel the doctor was good and they got us in and out in an hour on a Sunday morning.

However yours is a planed case and if needed insurance should cover it. Wonder if your Dr could write a RX to be sure the insurance covers it.

I did call. They do not take my insurance HAP, even with a referal from her doctor. They did however refer me to a Pediatric Allergist that was close by and when I spoke with her she said she would give my daughter her injections as long as I brought her allergy file with us. She doesn't take our insurance either but is giving us a "discount" because we will be paying cash. So thanks to all the advice I was able to find something! Had I just assumed we could get the injections like her Doctor said we'd of been in a mess of trouble! This will make our trip so much better, especially for my DD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter