Is There A FP Strategy Now Until FP+ Gets Here?

jstehman

Mouseketeer
Now that they are enforcing the FP return times... is there a FP strategy to maximize your flexibility?:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Just to get the ones that get pushed out the fastest first (the headlliners like Space, TSM, Test Track or Soarin) and keep on top of them. It does tend to mean more crisscrossing but I did it last August with just my 8 year old so no FP runner and we did everything we wanted.

We just got a new one before we used the current one to maximize our ride time.

At MK, we got FPs for Space and then rode BTMRR and Splash standby, then Pirates standy, then Peter Pan FP on the way to ride Space, the Buzz standby, etc.

At Epcot, we for FPs for Soarin and then rode test Track and Mission Space standby, then rode Sum of All Thrills and did the Nemo ride before using our Soarin FP. Sometimes we sent a runner to the WS to get a FP for the Maelstrom ride before riding Soarin, but usually not.

At AK, a runner went to EE and then we rode KS standby, then checked on the wait time for the river run and rode that if it was a short wait. Then someone ran to get FPs for Dinosaur and we rode EE.

At DHS, we got FPs for TSM, then split--some rode ToT and RnRC and some rode Star Tours standby. Then we got FPs for those same rides before riding TSM.

I didn't find it that difficult to make the return times. The hardest thing for us was not being able to get a FP before we left for our break to use when we got back. We still get a FP though, and give it to a group coming in. I like to pass on the pixie dust;)

This is all good information. Thank you. This will be our first trip since the FP rules changes, and I'm a little freaked out. We used to gather them up in the morning and then use them in the afternoon and evening, so it will be a huge change for us :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter