Is there a full version of the Disneyland Splash Mountain Soindtrack.

ajiuo

Practically Perfect In Every Way
I can find it on YouTube and even Apple Music but it’s alway missing the last part of laughing Place when the music turns like really dark and tragic.. right before you get to the birds at the bottom of the hill. That is my favorite part. It also the reason I didn’t like the one at WDW as much… it doesn’t have that part.

You sure it has the dark part of the song.

I did find this, which isn’t too bad, considering that somebody recorded it directly from the ride. The part of the song that I’m talking about starts ant about 8:05.

Would be nice if there was a nice clean release of it that has that part… all the ones I can find cut that part out and go straight to the birds talking.

I think the one you need is the 2008 2 disc version "The Official Album of Disneyland Resort" The correct version of the song is called "splash mountain medley and it's 10:34 long. I can verify it has the dark part, "what can poor brer rabbit do...to keep from becoming rabbit stew?" sung by the mom rabbit sweeping out on the stoop. We missed that part in the WDW version, too, and I went crazy trying to track down the full version.

Last edited:

You sure it has the dark part of the song.

I did find this, which isn’t too bad, considering that somebody recorded it directly from the ride. The part of the song that I’m talking about starts ant about 8:05.

Would be nice if there was a nice clean release of it that has that part… all the ones I can find cut that part out and go straight to the birds talking.

Yes, it does have that part, at least most of it. After the main song the eerie music starts and continues to "How come you're not laughing?" and then goes into Zippity-doo-dah.

I agree with PP about the 2008 album, too. I have both.

Yes, it does have that part, at least most of it. After the main song the eerie music starts and continues to "How come you're not laughing?" and then goes into Zippity-doo-dah.

I agree with PP about the 2008 album, too. I have both.

I’m guessing that this is actually the version of the song that you guys are talking about… it’s totally missing the section of music to which I am referring. I actually have some really good software for cleaning up audio.. perhaps I’ll try to remove some of the background noise from the YouTube video and insert that section… I’m not sure why they would have excluded that sections… it’s really one of the coolest parts of the ride and soundtrack where it starts to build up suspense. It also always baffled me as to why they didn’t include that. On the magic kingdom version of the ride.

This is probably the version on that albums. It does have the buzzards, but it skips the two animatronic scenes right before them.

This is the lyrics for the section of the song that I am talking about…

“What can poor Brer Rabbit do
To keep from becoming Rabbit Stew?
Warnin' Brer Rabbit is wastin' my breath!
That rabbit is facin' certain death!

Don't you go to the Laughin' Place
Or the fox will get you too!

Stay away from the Laughin' Place!
You must beware, the fox is there!
Don't go in!

That Brer Fox's had his way
At the Laughin' Place this very day!”

This is the lyrics for the section of the song that I am talking about…

You must beware, the fox is there!
Don't go in!

That Brer Fox's had his way
At the Laughin' Place this very day!”
This part is definitely in it:

You must beware, the fox is there!"

We always joke about it because it's such a nice song, then gets all grisly and ends with zippity-doo-dah. I'll listen again later and see about the rest of those lyrics.

This part is definitely in it:

You must beware, the fox is there!"

We always joke about it because it's such a nice song, then gets all grisly and ends with zippity-doo-dah. I'll listen again later and see about the rest of those lyrics.
Okay cool.. is this the album that you’re talking about?

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com...mM8AjBgUGdLr_YFv9-p2aXSH6hgTQdVxoCw3UQAvD_BwE

Yes, that's the one that has it.
Awesome, thanks!! The only bad part is I don’t think I actually have a cd player any more 😂… hehe I’ll probably just buy it and rip it to iTunes. It will be cool to have anyway. I like a lot of the music from the park.

Awesome, thanks!! The only bad part is I don’t think I actually have a cd player any more 😂… hehe I’ll probably just buy it and rip it to iTunes. It will be cool to have anyway. I like a lot of the music from the park.
Wait!!!! No!!! I clicked on the track list and it doesn't even have Splash at all. This must be an updated version. You need to find a CD that has the track "Splash Mountain Medley" that's 10:34 long.

Last edited:
Wait!!!! No!!! I clicked on the track list and it doesn't even have Splash at all. This must be an updated version. You need to find a CD that has the track "Splash Mountain Medley" that's 10:34 long.
Oh shoot. Thanks. I didn’t buy it yet. I’ll check the track list before I get something.

The track list on the site seems to only be for disc 2. Splash is on disc 1 (track 8).

Beat me to it - but, yes, when you're on Apple Music / YouTube / etc, look for the version that's roughly 10:35 long.

That particular Disneyland Resort album is also on iTunes (if you didn't want to spend for the physical copy).

Full song including the section you're asking for, this btw is from the album @kstand pointed you to.

Perfect. Thank you… I’ll probably buy the album on iTunes if that’s the case. I think it would be cool to have the whole thing anyway.

I’m totally going to make an edited version that is synced to a ride recording… then divide it in to tracks after the lifts…. Plan is to play it on headphones while riding the ride… the visuals won’t be the same but I love the music… I might be crazy but oh well. 😜

I’m also convinced that splash mountain will live again some day… in virtual form… not as fun but something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter