• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a gift shop at HHI?

fifthdimensiondweller

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We are visiting HHI for the first time for our first wedding anniversary in February. I'm hoping to pick up one or two things that say Disney's Hilton Head resort on them. Having never been, I'm not sure, is the shop going to have anything like that? I've seen a few shirts online and an ornament, but I was just wondering if they're likely to have them on our trip, or if the store is more of a general store. Thanks

I drink from my Disney HHI coffee mug, go out with my keys on a DHHIR key ring, carry my DHHIR bag (complete with Snadow's picture) all bought in the Mercantile (the name of the store Bobbi's referring to) every day. At Christmas I hang my Disney Hilton Head Resort ornament (or two or three) on the tree, sometimes I wear my DHHIR shirt,and sometimes I use my DHHIR refillable mug (bought way back in 2008-don't think they have a resort specific mug now). Yup, they have a few things-DH's pocketbook is glad they don't have more!

Anyone ever caught anything off the pier? I never do :(. Leaving to go hang out with Eeyore now.

My husband has caught crab off of there. Our first trip someone caught a shark. They were FREAKING OUT. We could hear them screaming from our balcony. :)

Anyone ever caught anything off the pier? I never do :(. Leaving to go hang out with Eeyore now.

Oh man I wish I knew how to truly post pictures... We were there for a week in June and the kids and I fished EVERY night from like 10/11p-1a'ish... We loved ending our day with a trip out to the pier. I'm not sure about other times of year, but in early June our last 2 trips we have caught tons (=~10-20 in the 5 nights) little baby type sharks. For us being in Ohio to be catching little sharks is crazy, but man was it fun. If you bottom fish you do have a chance to catch stingray's but they are a pain in the but to get off your line, so this last trip I had us all fishing on bobbers to try to avoid the stingrays and it worked. One recommendation is to use those steel leaders I think they are called? Sorry I'm not a fisherman, except when I'm in HHI, but the sharks will flip around and their teeth even though they're small and can't really bite us can cut the line. Once I switch us over to the steel leader things, we didn't lose anymore. The thing is that it is about 6-8 feet sometimes from the railing to the water so while you're lifting them out they have a chance to cut the line.

Sorry for the long winded response, but yeah there is fishing, and it was a favorite past time for us every night. You can rent them at the recreation shop for a few dollars a day, but if you have your own definitely bring them. We just fished with the bag of shrimp they sold at the rec shack.

Hi all!

We are visiting HHI for the first time for our first wedding anniversary in February. I'm hoping to pick up one or two things that say Disney's Hilton Head resort on them. Having never been, I'm not sure, is the shop going to have anything like that? I've seen a few shirts online and an ornament, but I was just wondering if they're likely to have them on our trip, or if the store is more of a general store. Thanks

I just wanted to throw in my .02, but yeah as everyone mentioned there is a little gift shop/store on property near the pool. They don't have a huge selection of clothing, but I've never had a problem finding a magnet, polo, or T-shirt that have the HHI logo and name on it. They also had the latest glow with the show 2.0 ears from the parks, which I just couldn't resist either... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter