Is There a Naughty List?

southjerseymom

DIS Veteran
I am picky about my rooms. I totally admit it...and own it. I'm not rude and I don't expect upgrades. That said, I've stood my ground a few times and changed rooms. I like to tell the Castmembers that once I'm in my perfect room they will never hear from me again lol. But just wondering from some of you retired / active Cast members...do you keep a list of guests who may question their room assignment?

I am picky about my rooms. I totally admit it...and own it. I'm not rude and I don't expect upgrades. That said, I've stood my ground a few times and changed rooms. I like to tell the Castmembers that once I'm in my perfect room they will never hear from me again lol. But just wondering from some of you retired / active Cast members...do you keep a list of guests who may question their room assignment?

No naughty list for asking for a different room location. But if you have a complaint that merits them compensating you in some way, that is logged.

For example 14 years ago I was upgraded to a Courtyard view at WL. Would that be logged? And my last stay at BC they ended up giving me a volleyball court view but I could see the lake so it might be an upgrade to water view. Is that logged? Just wondering how the whole process works.

For example 14 years ago I was upgraded to a Courtyard view at WL. Would that be logged? And my last stay at BC they ended up giving me a volleyball court view but I could see the lake so it might be an upgrade to water view. Is that logged? Just wondering how the whole process works.

No and no. :thumbsup2

There's no "naughty list." Not in the way you're describing it.

Disney does have their employees log all complaints, like just about every other hotel chain on the planet. Many other types of businesses do this too. They do this for several reasons, such as:

1) Tracking problems at the hotel. For instance, if there customers are repeatedly reporting that housekeeping is doing a haphazard job cleaning the rooms, they need to know about that. Or if there's a consistent problem with room service taking an excessively long time to get orders out. Or if the bathroom faucets are frequently needing maintenance, they need to have a word with the supplier or manufacturer about it. If they don't track complaints, they're not seeing patterns or repeated problems in a certain area.

2) Tracking how their employees are handling customer problems. Does employee A handle an upset guest well? Or do they blow them off? Or give away the store - i.e., give ridiculously excessive compensation for a minor inconvenience?

3) Tracking customers that may present a major business problem. For instance, a guest that becomes violent and the police have to be called. There are also people who are professional complainers - in other words, they complain in order to get compensation, repeatedly, over and over again, across the chain. Some even damage hotel property in order to get compensation. I've heard of people damaging plumbing fixtures to cause a leak, or tampering with a door lock so that it doesn't work and they're "inconvenienced."

The purpose of this tracking is not to punish guests for complaining. It's to obtain information they need to operate the business well and provide good customer service.

Thanks for the info. Like I said I don't expect anything but I have always been firm in what I will accept. I just try and add some sugar and hope I can be accommodated. The Castmembers work hard and I respect that.

I suspect from an IT viewpoint that they do maintain a list of issues where people want compensation and this would be for their own protection. Everyone know people who try and game a system for free stuff. A friend who manages a hotel in Chicago told me that they had a list because the same people were complaining over and over and demanding free stuff. She said Chicago hotels share the list because a lot of names popped up in common. People who had learned that the right complaint got them a free stay. Then they repeated the complaint at other hotels in the future. Disney does track a lot of stuff. I had to call in a couple of months ago and my call got transferred to someone outside the low level answer system. They helped me very easily and politely and when I thanked them the woman said well you are a good customer and she asked me if I would like to know how much money I had spent at Disney since 2006. Since this total would scare me I declined.

I suspect from an IT viewpoint that they do maintain a list of issues where people want compensation and this would be for their own protection. Everyone know people who try and game a system for free stuff. A friend who manages a hotel in Chicago told me that they had a list because the same people were complaining over and over and demanding free stuff. She said Chicago hotels share the list because a lot of names popped up in common. People who had learned that the right complaint got them a free stay. Then they repeated the complaint at other hotels in the future. Disney does track a lot of stuff. I had to call in a couple of months ago and my call got transferred to someone outside the low level answer system. They helped me very easily and politely and when I thanked them the woman said well you are a good customer and she asked me if I would like to know how much money I had spent at Disney since 2006. Since this total would scare me I declined.

Yes. I used to work at a hotel (not Disney-related at all) and we did have notes on frequent complainers. And also those who booked one category but always wanted a higher one and would try to play it off like they made a mistake or even worse that WE made a mistake. Even more fun were the "garden view" rooms that we had which overlooked the inside gardens - there was simply no way to lock in rooms well in advance - just as at Disney, assigning rooms is like playing Tetris to try and fit people into the available rooms. There WERE rooms with "perfect" views of the water show - but most of those were suites anyway - but there was no way to guarantee it. People would ask, we would put the request on the reservation and stress that it was ONLY a request - and the confirmation would state it was ONLY a request, but people would still insist they "had booked that view" then wave their confirmation in the desk agent's face where they would politely be shown where it said REQUEST.

(If someone was particularly obnoxious on the phone, we could also signal our supervisor to listen, and more than once I saw them be blocked into a room that met every single one of their requirements...but overlooked say the employee drop off area or something because they were so demanding in a not nice (OR considering this was in the south we'd also get the overly fake sickeningly sweet people who were being just as rude and demanding but thinking we were fooled) way.

so like if when we stayed at BCV 2 bedroom, we had no remote control, 2 burnt oout light bulbs in the bathroom and no hot water the 1st day, and we didn't get our cups for the dining plan and I had call and remind them of all those things. they gave us a $100 credit for all of our troubles. I said wow thank you wasn't expecting anything

so like if when we stayed at BCV 2 bedroom, we had no remote control, 2 burnt oout light bulbs in the bathroom and no hot water the 1st day, and we didn't get our cups for the dining plan and I had call and remind them of all those things. they gave us a $100 credit for all of our troubles. I said wow thank you wasn't expecting anything
What do you mean you didn't get your cups for the dining plan? You mean the refillable mugs? You pick them up at the BC Marketplace at the BCV. They don't leave them in your room. Same with the GFV.

Well, hope I’m not on naughty list! I’ve had 2 complaints, but both were totally justified. Once I was given a dirty room at check in, after waiting all day to get the room. I didn’t want to wait any longer for someone to come clean. And requested another room. Which I got.
Another time it was my last day and after going to Airline Desk I went back to my room (9:00am) where I had left our sweaters laid out on beds, food for flight in fridge, some other items I was giving to my friend in another room and various other items I was going to put in my flight bag before I left. Room was totally cleared out, beds stripped food gone. I even had do not disturb sign on door. I did receive compensation for this but never asked for anything.

Well, hope I’m not on naughty list! I’ve had 2 complaints, but both were totally justified. Once I was given a dirty room at check in, after waiting all day to get the room. I didn’t want to wait any longer for someone to come clean. And requested another room. Which I got.
Another time it was my last day and after going to Airline Desk I went back to my room (9:00am) where I had left our sweaters laid out on beds, food for flight in fridge, some other items I was giving to my friend in another room and various other items I was going to put in my flight bag before I left. Room was totally cleared out, beds stripped food gone. I even had do not disturb sign on door. I did receive compensation for this but never asked for anything.

As we've said, there is a list for overall control purposes. But there are usually notations for things that are justified vs. people who are always looking for something. It's the same way some stores keep track of returners. Returning things once in a while for legit reasons is one thing. Returning things over and over for questionable reasons is something else.

What do you mean you didn't get your cups for the dining plan? You mean the refillable mugs? You pick them up at the BC Marketplace at the BCV. They don't leave them in your room. Same with the GFV.
We did get them, it was our 1st time really doing Disney BCV dining plan one week, I had no idea where you picked up your refillable mug. It wasn't until I saw someone walking through the lobby with it that made me go back to front desk and ask when and where do we get them. The CM looked into our account and said you don't get them. I asked why not and explained that we were on the DXDP she then told me that we had no dining plan on our account. I started to get a little a nervous at this point. She made some calls and after about 20 mins she said ohhh here it is yes you are on the deluxe dining package. That's how the trip started for us.

I have complained a few times and they can track it all they want:) You give me a room that has a broken bed, or smells like vomit or sour milk or dirty water out of the faucet(all actual occurrences) you bet ya I am going to go down to speak with a manager.

I'm with you all the way.

I would deffo be on the list!

I have complained a few times and they can track it all they want:) You give me a room that has a broken bed, or smells like vomit or sour milk or dirty water out of the faucet(all actual occurrences) you bet ya I am going to go down to speak with a manager.

Agree 100%. Have only had two issues at WDW- both at at AKL CL regarding shoddy mousekeeping on back-to-back days. Apparently, one of the housekeepers was sick and they didn't bring in a replacement, so things didn't get done. Talked to the manager, and she thought it warranted extra FPs for length of stay. After we had said something, the problem went away. Other than that one time, though, our stays in WDW resorts have been almost flawless regardless of whether it was a value, moderate, or deluxe.

Out of 10 trips, I have complained two times for what I believe are legitimate reasons. The first was due to a broken bed frame that was sticking out, but covered by the dust ruffle. We only noticed it after my son cut his leg on it. Maintenance had to come and take the whole bed apart. The manager gave us a $50 credit.

Second time was for several things at BCV and the manager gave us one night worth of points back.

1. They had been doing elevator repairs on on of the elevators for several days and had built a shed around it. They finished on night at 11:55 pm and decided that was the best time to dismantle the shed. All the banging woke us up.

2. That coupled with our newly renovated room that had a front door that wouldn't shut or open unless you used all your strength. They came to try to fix it, but realized that the measurements were off on the new door frame.

3. Our shower handle broke.

4. Since they were still doing renovations, a construction worker opened our door and walked in one morning.

We did get them, it was our 1st time really doing Disney BCV dining plan one week, I had no idea where you picked up your refillable mug. It wasn't until I saw someone walking through the lobby with it that made me go back to front desk and ask when and where do we get them. The CM looked into our account and said you don't get them. I asked why not and explained that we were on the DXDP she then told me that we had no dining plan on our account. I started to get a little a nervous at this point. She made some calls and after about 20 mins she said ohhh here it is yes you are on the deluxe dining package. That's how the trip started for us.
So you did get your mugs for the dining plan after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter