Is there a snake the size of a worm?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
If so, I think I saw one in our bathroom. It was about 2 inches long and all black. The reason I didn't think it was a worm was that it was very thin, and it moved like a snake does, faster, rather than a worm. I picked it up with a piece of cardboard and flushed it down the toilet. Now I'm having nightmares about seeing a full-sized snake in the toilet!:scared1:

maybe a baby snake? there was a tiny brown snake one time in my closet amongst the shoe strings, my shoe strings dont move though. grabbed it with the tongs and put it is a glass jar. otherwise how would i have proof to DH that i caught a snake?

I thought first baby snake but didn't want to say it because then I would worry about where the mommy, daddy and it's brothers and sisters were.

The baby snakes in my backyard (the woods) this spring looked like worms to me. I bet it was a baby.

We thought we were finding really tiny baby snakes and it turned out to be a breed of lizard with no legs. They were very dark as their colors weren't developed yet.

One of the very few legless lizards, the slender glass lizard, Ophisaurus attenuatus, is found in Oklahoma, usually in grassy areas. Since this lizard has no legs, it is often mistaken for a snake. A closer look will reveal that the head is shaped like a lizard, not a snake, and the animal has eyelids. No snakes have eyelids. The tail of the slender glass lizard makes up the majority of its body length. The cloacal opening, marking the end of the body cavity, is located much closer to the anterior end of the animal than the posterior. This long tail will break off with the slightest pressure. This process, called autotomy, helps them escape predators. The tail will continue to twitch after it is detatched to keep the predator's attention while the lizard escapes.

http://www.enature.com/fieldguides/enlarged.asp?imageID=19341

I think there is another breed called the Western legless lizard as well but it's more brown.

A ringneck? http://www.uga.edu/srelherp/snakes/diapun.htm My kids play with these all the time :hippie:

It was no larger than the size of a hatchling ring-neck, not the full size, because it wasn't longer than a couple inches. But it was solid black, no ring or stripes. For all you who have suggested I look at pictures, ordinarily it would be a good idea except that I have such a fear of snakes that looking at these pictures here makes me shiver. I'd probably totally freak out if I looked thru a bunch of pictures.

I hate to post about this again, but we had an infestation of baby snakes one year. The Mom had laid eggs in the walls and the babies would just "appear" all over the house. We ended up living through 10 snake appearances. I put down mouse glue traps to catch 'em.

We moved!

I hate to post about this again, but we had an infestation of baby snakes one year. The Mom had laid eggs in the walls and the babies would just "appear" all over the house. We ended up living through 10 snake appearances. I put down mouse glue traps to catch 'em.

We moved!

OMG-and you live in Texas. Now I'm really freaked!

I don't live near Harlingen! If it makes you feel better, mine were about 6-10 inches long but really thin. They were striped (rat snakes). The hatching season for rat snakes was Aug-Sept. which was when our "problem" happened.

The home inspector, when we moved, found a 4 foot long snake skin in the attic from the Momma!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter