Is there a thread on transportation options to and from Universal?

Splashboat

Always looking for cheap airfare
I am so used to Disney and I am lost trying to plan a Universal trip. I see car rentals for the time I am looking are around $500 for the entire stay. So I am thinking of trying to get a rental for a day or two at arrival and then to get back to Orlando airport. I can't even find a code for a rental company near Orlando to try and get prices. I would appreciate any suggestions.

I am so used to Disney and I am lost trying to plan a Universal trip. I see car rentals for the time I am looking are around $500 for the entire stay. So I am thinking of trying to get a rental for a day or two at arrival and then to get back to Orlando airport. I can't even find a code for a rental company near Orlando to try and get prices. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Look up, there's a transportation sticky. If you are only doing Universal, no need to get a rental, you won't need a car while there, plus you have to pay for parking. I use Uber and Lyft to get around. There are Avis desks at the Uni resorts if you need a car while there. I usually find a better rate at the Budget at the Holiday Inn nearby.

Yes, there is a sticky. Personally, I wouldn't rent a vehicle. Uber or Lyft are great. This time I am using Mears to get from the airport to Universal (Cost was $129), mostly because we have 6 people in our party and would have to get 2 vehicles if we used Uber/Lyft.

I have never gone to Universal because it is not Disney. I understand it has nothing to do with transportation just thought it was apropos because this is the DISboards.

Our suggestion -- we call an Uber when we get out of the airport. Easy and quick. Do you have the Uber app on your phone? It's easy to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter