• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a way to show on my reservation that I'm celebrating my birthday on this trip?

liquid17

Mouseketeer
Just that - I feel like there must have been a way to add it when we made our resort/ticket reservations. My husband said he didn't notice anywhere to mention it when he made the reservations and maybe it won't matter...but I would love to have it there somewhere just in case it leads to a little extra pixie dust, kwim?

If you go into your Plans on MDE, click Change Reservation next to your hotel (should be under Start Check-in). In there, there is a spot for Celebrations under Travel Party. That's where you should be able to select that you are a celebrating a birthday, but like it was previously said, could always call.

When you check in ask for a birthday button and wear it. That’s the best way to get a free dessert at some restaurants
Yup.

Also, ask for "I'm Celebrating" buttons for everyone else in your party. There's a space on those for the CM to write "Spouse's Birthday" or whatever the occasion is.

We really enjoyed the good wishes last trip when celebrating our 25th anniversary.

I added it to my resort reservation and my birthday ADR, not a single CM acknowledged it. I did have Happy Birthday on my resort TV, but that was it. So if you want attention brought to yourself, I agree with others saying to get a button:)

Interesting; I didn't know that you could add it to your hotel resort reservation or ADR. I had my 50th at WDW last month. After rope dropping ToT and RnR, I stopped by a blue umbrella to get a birthday button. I was expecting only the button, but he gave us a little bit of pixie dust, too. It made my day, and I got a lot of "happy birthday" greetings from various CMs who saw my button.

Thanks for reminding me to get the birthday button .
And if it is not too late register with Starbucks to beco e member and they will give you one free item on your birthday.
Also RainForest Cafe membership has a fee but it is returned and reissued gift every birthday every year .
I usually use this at Yak&Yeti and the lead cast /manager always visits me at the table to thank me and wish ME a Happy BDay !
Very impressed with RainForest Cafe.
Does anybody else have member birthday rewards to share?

Thanks for the advice!!
Lol _ I just didn't want to call because I was SO SURE I could figure it out either in the app or on the website....but I guess I'm just clueless. I gave up this morning and just called! They were very nice.

I have plans to get a personalized birthday button at the Christmas Shoppe in the MK on our arrival day!
🎂

My wife and I are planning on taking our first DVC vacation next September. During the trip, my middle son will turn six and we will be celebrating our ten year anniversary. Will CMs be any more inclined to recognize a child’s birthday? Or is it just a crapshoot?

My wife and I are planning on taking our first DVC vacation next September. During the trip, my middle son will turn six and we will be celebrating our ten year anniversary. Will CMs be any more inclined to recognize a child’s birthday? Or is it just a crapshoot?
My grand niece and I were both celebrating birthdays together - 4 and…decidedly not 4. We both wore pins, and even when not together, I was inundated with HB wishes from CMs and other Disney guests. We were given free cupcakes at H&V. It was quite wonderful, but in our experience, I really don’t think she was recognized any more than I was. I was quite surprised. They did a great job of making us feel special!

Is it weird to celebrate and get birthday buttons if it’s your birthday month, but not there on the actual day? My birthday was last week and my husbands is at the end of the month. We will be there next week. It’s not a milestone birthday, just two people getting inching toward their mid-40’s😂

Is it weird to celebrate and get birthday buttons if it’s your birthday month, but not there on the actual day? My birthday was last week and my husbands is at the end of the month. We will be there next week. It’s not a milestone birthday, just two people getting inching toward their mid-40’s😂
You will be there celebrating your birthdays, right? So why not wear a button? I don't think it's cheating at all!

Quite a few years ago, before we bought DVC, my husband booked our first no-kids visit to WDW. I thought we had agreed to book POFQ, but he booked a lagoon view room at the Poly. And he also told them we were celebrating our anniversary - which shocked me (I'm the strict rule follower), because the trip was several months before our anniversary. But we did celebrate our anniversary anyway, and we came back from the parks one night to find a lovely picture frame with Minnie and Mickey, compliments of the Poly CMs, wishing us a happy anniversary.

So, as far as I'm concerned, wear your birthday buttons and enjoy the happy birthday wishes!

I usually go either during my birthday week or a week or two after (depends on when I can get a decent hotel reservation) and usually get a button. Most of the time I get a lot of happy birthdays and that is it. Through the years I have received a free dessert every once in a while but don't expect it. As others have said there are loads of people with some sort of celebration button on. I've even seen some people who get buttons just to wear them even if they aren't celebrating anything. I'll be there next year 10 days after my birthday since I couldn't find a good price the actual week and didn't want to be there Easter week (birthday is 5th, Easter and my grand daughters 2nd birthday are 9th) I'll be there week of 15th and will wear a button since I am going for my birtday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter