Is there an exit before getting on the Smuggler's Run ride?

disneyerin

DIS Veteran
Just wondering, if someone gets too anxious waiting in line for Smuggler's Run is there an exit door before actually getting on the ride?

Just wondering, if someone gets too anxious waiting in line for Smuggler's Run is there an exit door before actually getting on the ride?

There are definitely exits in various places, even after you get in your boarding group. And if someone isn't feeling up to riding, just talk to the nearest Cast Member and they're always happy to show you how to get out.

I take the chicken door for a lot of rides. I'm curious to know if there is one for Smuggler's, also.

I take the chicken door for a lot of rides. I'm curious to know if there is one for Smuggler's, also.
Yes, there is one with the ADA entrance/exit. That pod is not part of the turntable since they can take longer to load or unload. They use the same hallway to get in and out, so people who get to the main room of the Falcon can ask the CM and they can guide them to the ADA exit.

I was pregnant when Galaxy's Edge in Orlando opened. I went through the line with my husband and once in the Falcon, I told the CM handing out the assignments that I wasn't going to ride. I took photos and then went out the chicken exit.

I've never used them, but there seem to be a lot of exits available. From the Falcon, a CM can guide you to the exit as described above. Even prior to the Falcon, the little vestibule where the single-rider line + main line meet, one can probably duck out that way without consequence/unchallenged.

....one can probably duck out that way without consequence/unchallenged.
Side note-
For any attraction at Disney you can ALWAYS exit at last minute without riding. Please don't feel embarrassed or ashamed to speak up.

Cast Members will never force you or ask challenge questions (only may ask to ensure proper counts/avail seats.) I worked as a Attractions CM and we had many adults or children who changed mind at last minute and it's perfectly ok.

Sadly the worst is when parents force their crying child and demand the CM restrain them in the car/attraction restraint. We have to deny using force and then get yelled at by parents many times, classic "well YOU don't have kids" reply.

From the Falcon, a CM can guide you to the exit as described above. Even prior to the Falcon, the little vestibule where the single-rider line + main line meet, one can probably duck out that way without consequence/unchallenged.
Btw OP - that's the spot right before you walk onto the Falcon, where the CMs mix parties and assign you your position.

The single-rider line is basically built like (and probably is) a fire exit, so you can just walk down the stairs and head outside.

I do it frequently. I would go with the grandkids in case the youngest decided at the last minute he didn't want to ride. It is an easy exit.

Sadly the worst is when parents force their crying child and demand the CM restrain them in the car/attraction restraint. We have to deny using force and then get yelled at by parents many times, classic "well YOU don't have kids" reply.
Ummmmmm ... WOW. As someone who DOES have kids, I am speechless! 😳

Side note-
For any attraction at Disney you can ALWAYS exit at last minute without riding. Please don't feel embarrassed or ashamed to speak up.

Cast Members will never force you or ask challenge questions (only may ask to ensure proper counts/avail seats.) I worked as a Attractions CM and we had many adults or children who changed mind at last minute and it's perfectly ok.

Oh I was mostly saying "unchallenged" because that isn't really an exit, but AFAIK, it's kind of unmanned for the length of it (from the front single rider entrance up to the merge point).

Just cover your mouth and pretend you need to puke? Lol. But yes, we've had some extremely helpful CMs over the years when last minute diversions out of the line were needed. The best was using the Haunted Mansion exit in the hall of paintings.

Ummmmmm ... WOW. As someone who DOES have kids, I am speechless!

Yikes! As a parent, I must say, parents are the worst :crazy2:

I don't think it's fair to call it a "chicken door." I'd prefer the term "bypass exit" if it was up to me. It's too bad Disney doesn't make this more obvious. I think my wife would really enjoy the pre-show for Smuggler's or Star Tours, for example, as long as she was allowed to skip the ride at the end. (doesn't like the motion - not scared, just doesn't want to get motion sick).

I don't think it's fair to call it a "chicken door." I'd prefer the term "bypass exit" if it was up to me. It's too bad Disney doesn't make this more obvious. I think my wife would really enjoy the pre-show for Smuggler's or Star Tours, for example, as long as she was allowed to skip the ride at the end. (doesn't like the motion - not scared, just doesn't want to get motion sick).
You can ask on any ride as long as you’re not already secured into the ride vehicle. Everyone is super nice about it. For Star Tours, you tell them she wants to exit when they ask how many in your party. You can walk through the actual ride vehicle, exit it entirely and wait right outside. I have done this with my younger son who doesn’t like to ride but it makes it so we can wait with my older child (who stays behind to ride).

Ummmmmm ... WOW. As someone who DOES have kids, I am speechless! 😳

Have seen it as a guest at Soaring in FL. My friend and I were behind a family in line and it was very clear the kid (probably 7-8 or so) was super nervous about riding the ride. By the time, we were going to our seats, he was full on crying. The mother (not that she acted much like one) was yelling at the kid that he would like it and trying to force him to sit down and be buckled in. He would sit half a second and jump back out. CM was trying to help and showing him that it would like a slight swinging motion like the swings at the park, but this child was just too scared and worked up. Mother then starts yelling at him that he is ruining her vacation by making her miss the ride. My friend and I sat their with our mouths hanging open in utter shock and dismay about what we witnessed.

Have seen it as a guest at Soaring in FL. My friend and I were behind a family in line and it was very clear the kid (probably 7-8 or so) was super nervous about riding the ride. By the time, we were going to our seats, he was full on crying. The mother (not that she acted much like one) was yelling at the kid that he would like it and trying to force him to sit down and be buckled in. He would sit half a second and jump back out. CM was trying to help and showing him that it would like a slight swinging motion like the swings at the park, but this child was just too scared and worked up. Mother then starts yelling at him that he is ruining her vacation by making her miss the ride. My friend and I sat their with our mouths hanging open in utter shock and dismay about what we witnessed.
That is so sad! That poor child!

perhaps they could have asked for a last minute "child swap" where mother waits out the ride with the child, then another responsible adult who was on the ride exits, while the mother rides? My experience with Disney is that they always try hard to accommodate, where they can.

perhaps they could have asked for a last minute "child swap" where mother waits out the ride with the child, then another responsible adult who was on the ride exits, while the mother rides? My experience with Disney is that they always try hard to accommodate, where they can.
It sounds like nothing would have placated that mother.

Same thing happened with me on Soarin when my almost 3-year-old hit 40 inches. He said he wanted to ride, but when it came to getting strapped in he totally freaked and started crying. I asked him if he wanted to leave and if he was sure he didn’t want to try and he wanted to leave. So we left. I can’t imagine forcing him. 🤷‍♀️

Side note, as soon as we exited the building he changed his mind and said he wanted to ride now. But of course the line was now double the length it was when we first waited. 🤦‍♀️

I took a chance and explained to the CMs at the LL entrance what happened and they let us back in! It was so nice of them. I was fully prepared to walk out again without riding but he did it!

I believe they did give her a parent swap but she was still yelling at the poor child about ruining the trip and how he was being such a baby. And lots of other things. I felt so bad for the kid and can only imagine what she is like at home when she puts on such a show in public!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter