• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there any chance in the next 50 years that NFL teams transition to professional Rugby Union teams instead?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Is there any chance in the next 50 years that NFL teams transition to professional Rugby Union teams instead given its worldwide appeal and money potential?🏈🏉🏟️

I think there is a much greater chance of both sports going away completely in the next 50 years. I would expect that without drastic improvements in safety, specifically head injuries, the NFL will cease to exist in any form that we recognize now.

No. I agree with @EACarlson, there's a much better chance of NFL going away. What more "money potential" does the NFL need? They already play games in Europe, so I'm assuming they have an international fan base.

Yes, but only because the term "Possible" makes the proposition essentially meaningless. Is it "possible" I will win a major lottery, Yes? Is it "possible" I will be elected President of the United States of America? Yes.

I think there is a much greater chance of both sports going away completely in the next 50 years. I would expect that without drastic improvements in safety, specifically head injuries, the NFL will cease to exist in any form that we recognize now.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
2 weeks ago there was a bit of controversy here in California because of a proposal to ban tackle football for children below age 12. I guess it is legal, but when my kids were in school the Federation that governs school sports did not allow tackle football until the Freshman year of High School. Governor said he would veto the bill if it passed, so it appears to be dead, unless voters put it on the ballot.

The NFL is printing more and more money every year. I don't think it's going anywhere.

Youth and high school football participation is dropping off. But both sports suffer the same problems in the injury regard. Rugby emphasizes safe tackling techniques but we always have the bozos that refuse to use them even at the highest levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter