Is there any tricks to snagging an Oga reservation?

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
We’ll be at DHS on 5/26, hubby is a big Star Wars fan, RoTR is our top priority (we’ll be RD with EE) followed by MFSR. We’re staying one night on-site. I’ve been looking thru the dining reservation page and see that Oga has just about no reservations between now and 5/20.
Any chance I’ll be able to get a reservation for my 5/26 date?

I think there might be a chance - we had TONS of options for Oga's for our early May trip, for our party of 6. That said 5/26 is closer to Memorial Day so it could be more limited, I don't know. Good luck!

You definitely want to be prepared to do a reservation search 60 days before your resort check in date by 5:45 a.m.....and keep refreshing, especially right at 6:00 (More likely than not, your reservation window won't open until 6 a.m., but there have been random reports about access as early as 5:45.) Unfortunately, people with longer stays will have had access to your park date up to 10 days ahead of you. That said, be sure to check various times of the day- morning ADRs tend to be available longer than afternoon and evening times. If you don't get a reservation, keep checking.

As you probably know- Around 30 days out, folks who cancel trips cancel their ADRs. You may also get lucky in the week preceding your trip as people shuffle their plans around and cancel ADRs.

They go fast. If you don't grab them at your 60 days, I've gotten them (I just got one on Friday for next week), but usually very early in the AM around park opening. have had more luck with 2 weeks to 1 day out than at 30 days.

I know I dropped 2 ADRs for Oga’s as well as other hard to get ressies while we were there. There hope. Ppl cancel frequently while there. 👍 Good luck!

If you don’t get it at first use Mouse Watchers or a similar service. We snagged a reservation 2 weeks out. Every day we were at the parks I was getting notifications all day long as people cancelled. You’ll probably be able to grab one the day of or day before if you’re flexible on times.

All great advice above. We've used Touring Plans quite a bit for ADRs and have been pretty successful, but you have to act quickly once you get the text.

And if all else fails, go there in the morning and ask CMs about the possibility of walk-ups. Two times we were able to do that - the last trip there were 6 of us in June and I never in a million years thought we'd get all of us in, I just wanted to get DS and DD's friend in since they'd never been. They asked how many, and i said at least two, and then CMs ended up getting us in fairly quickly and it was a 9:45 liquid breakfast 😂

The other time was a later time of day and it was 2 of us. They took another person in as a walk up when I was waiting in line for our ADR once. If it's you and DH you might have a chance if you can't get an ADR ahead of time.
I've also seen CMs turn people away, but that was during the height of COVID and major social distancing going on. Maybe someone with more recent experience knows more about walk-ups policies these days.

Sign up for notifications for the Disboard thread for ADR cancelations for your month. People post when they have ADRs to cancel and are willing to coordinate for someone to try to grab them.

I've been able to easily find reservations for 1 (I'm traveling solo) so, worst case, maybe your husband checks it out on his own while you all do something else?

I've been able to easily find reservations for 1 (I'm traveling solo) so, worst case, maybe your husband checks it out on his own while you all do something else?
They are very good about adding one person to a reservation. Search for a ressie for one, book it, then when checking in tell them you’re adding one person to the reservation. You’ll probably get SRO, but you’d probably get that anyway. No booth for you.

Yesterday we had walk ups available for group of 3 adults at OGAs
We were sitting at Baseline and just decided to check for availabilty.
I was inside SciFi also checking on my grand kids and was surprised we could have been seated immediately!
I guess you just have to keep checking .
Good luck!

They are very good about adding one person to a reservation. Search for a ressie for one, book it, then when checking in tell them you’re adding one person to the reservation. You’ll probably get SRO, but you’d probably get that anyway. No booth for you.
That’s a great idea! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter