Is there any way to look up what room number we had?

disfanforlife

DIS Veteran
We were in a 2 bedroom standard at Kidani in November, we were able to see some animals from our room - not the parking lot. I forgot the room number and would like to request it or one near it if possible for our next stay there in December.

See this map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg

On the map, west is toward the bottom and north is to the left. Right of the lobby is the south wing, left of the lobby is the north wing. If you were in a standard and could see animals you were in the north wing looking west or west to northwest with the possibilities being the third building unit from the lobby, the fourth building unit in which part of the building unit is standard, or possibly the sixth building unit from lobby which has standard rooms converted from savanna because the fence on the outer limits of the savanna comes real close to the building there. One thing you might recall is what elevator was closest to you. On the map you will see red AED signs. Those are also where elevators are. The elevator between the second and third building units from the lobby on the north wing has a name you can see when you go to it or walk by: Rafiki. The one between the sixth and seventh building units is Pumba.

Now, for the next time you go, here is a piece of brilliant advice I learned on these boards from a member whose board name I cannot remember: if you want to remember your room number and you have a smart phone, take a picture of the number right after you arrive.

Thank you! My husband found a similar map and says that we were in the 4th building from the lobby. We were near that pathway that is accesses the pool. We rode in a small elevator that was near the ice machine down to the garage and walked to the pool from there. So what would my request be if I want a similar room. Still not sure what to ask for....

Perhaps odd numbered room near Pumbaa elevator, if you have specified standard view. We stayed in 7851, which is on the 4th floor, and is classified as a savanna view. I think Pumbaa elevators are the last elevators on that side of the building. 7853 is a 2 bedroom reclassified as a standard view, which has pretty much the same view as we did, since, it is right next door to our room. So, I think 7953 would be on the 5th floor, 7753 on 3rd floor, 7653 on 2nd floor, but, not sure if the lower floors are also reclassified.

Perhaps odd numbered room near Pumbaa elevator, if you have specified standard view. We stayed in 7851, which is on the 4th floor, and is classified as a savanna view. I think Pumbaa elevators are the last elevators on that side of the building. 7853 is a 2 bedroom reclassified as a standard view, which has pretty much the same view as we did, since, it is right next door to our room. So, I think 7953 would be on the 5th floor, 7753 on 3rd floor, 7653 on 2nd floor, but, not sure if the lower floors are also reclassified.

I think we were on the fifth floor. We were not right next to a main elevator. We were further away. The closest elevator was the small one near the drink machine/ice machine.

Now, for the next time you go, here is a piece of brilliant advice I learned on these boards from a member whose board name I cannot remember: if you want to remember your room number and you have a smart phone, take a picture of the number right after you arrive.

hmmm, should've taken a picture of the post with your phone...;)

ditto drusba's advice, except i use my camera. a photo of a room number starts a new vacation.

hmmm, should've taken a picture of the post with your phone...;)

ditto drusba's advice, except i use my camera. a photo of a room number starts a new vacation.

I know! I wish I had, but of course I probably wouldn't get the same room even if I asked. I don't usually even bother making room requests, but this one was very good! Silly me. We also had a great room at BLT the same trip (split stay) and I do have that number. ;) but I don't know when we will go back there again.

See this map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg

That's what we always do. But check it before you make requests for the next trip. After staying in a certain room at HHI, we requested what I thought the room # was as one of our subsequent future requests. Fortunately, we never got that one, because when I was looking at photos one day recently, I discovered that my memory was off and the room # was not what I thought. Good thing we didn't get that!

From what I can tell, the name of the elevator closest to the pool is the Rafiki elevator. You should be able to request a room near that elevator to get in the general vicinity of where your last room was. Just remember that a request is not a guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter