• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there going to be a typical "Jersey week" for 2021?

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
And when is it?
For the first time we are looking at possibly November for a visit. Never gone in November...... the only months we have never visited are Nov and Dec. And this year with my work schedule.... we are thinking Nov. 9-16...
But I am not seeing much for availability for resorts??? Nothing for Pop C. Only thing at CBR is a Pirate room. Coronado only has Preferred King. ASMo only has Preferred.
And that is pretty much it for moderate or value.

It should be the first week of November (the week before the one you’ve referenced). From the DVC side, almost everything is entirely booked currently. It also coincides with the traditional weekend for the Wine & Dine races (11/6), and people are probably keeping those reservations in case they actually do the in-person race.

It should be the first week of November (the week before the one you’ve referenced). From the DVC side, almost everything is entirely booked currently. It also coincides with the traditional weekend for the Wine & Dine races (11/6), and people are probably keeping those reservations in case they actually do the in-person race.
So maybe it’s more the Wine and Dine race taking all the reservations? I didn’t think Veterans Day was that busy of a week?

So maybe it’s more the Wine and Dine race taking all the reservations? I didn’t think Veterans Day was that busy of a week?
I think traditionally, anytime you have a holiday, it can have an effect. But yeah, I wouldn’t necessarily peg a holiday Thursday as a huge driving factor for a week-long vacation, maybe the long weekend from the 11th-14th though. That could make a full week harder to find. From a DVC perspective (I’ve been watching that first week of November), it is very booked up in the fall. People need to use points they’ve not used over the last year, and are probably comfortable booking for that time. Some of the availability is quite tight.

Maybe if I play with the dates a bit.... then try and add a day later ... maybe something else will open up??
Like if I start with Nov 10-15??

The first of November used to be our favorite time to visit disney.
We never even noticed there was such a thing as "jersey week" while there.
The crowds were no different than before Christmas, when we used to go then too. Now we go in the Spring and really like that time of year.
So, IMO, I don't think there is much to fear from jersey week.

I also just went to book that weekend, only bc my daughter has a teacher work day so I'm taking advantage. There is NOTHING available for us. No studios, no one bedrooms. (referring to the dates of Nov 10-15)

And when is it?
For the first time we are looking at possibly November for a visit. Never gone in November...... the only months we have never visited are Nov and Dec. And this year with my work schedule.... we are thinking Nov. 9-16...
But I am not seeing much for availability for resorts??? Nothing for Pop C. Only thing at CBR is a Pirate room. Coronado only has Preferred King. ASMo only has Preferred.

Ugh I didn't even realize that it's VETERAN's day on the 11th. (not ugh to the holiday, ugh to the fact that everyone has off that day). Which explains why I can't get a room. DANG IT.

Ugh I didn't even realize that it's VETERAN's day on the 11th. (not ugh to the holiday, ugh to the fact that everyone has off that day). Which explains why I can't get a room. DANG IT.
But not everyone has that day off. Sure, government offices are closed, but many states still have schools open, etc.
What I had to do.... booked 2 reservations. It would let me book Nov 9-13 or 11-17. But it would not let me book Nov 9-16!??
So made 2 reservations and will try to combine as the time comes near. If I have to end up with 2 reservations and take the chance of having to switch rooms.... oh well! that's fine.

I just booked OKW Nov 13-19 but was surprised at the relative scarcity of other DVC options for that week. The last time I visited was the week before Thanksgiving in 2019 and it was lovely. I think things have changed between then and now...

(This will now be two full years, the longest I've ever gone without a trip since we started going in 1983.)

We almost always go to Disney for Jersey week. New Jersey schools have off November 4-5, 2021. We are planning to head down on 10/30 so we can experience Halloween at Disney! However, most people I know are planning to head down 11/3 . So I’m hoping that at least the very first few days of November won’t be terribly crowded.

And when is it?

This year the teacher's convention will be Nov 4-5, so with your dates you will miss Jersey week which would be Nov 1 - 7 . Also, some people are guessing the MVMCP will start on Nov 8, Sunday, so you'll get to go to one of the first parties if you want.

I’ve booked a two bedroom for my friends for Jersey week. They can’t wait to go! They’ll be there Nov 2-7

This year the teacher's convention will be Nov 4-5, so with your dates you will miss Jersey week which would be Nov 1 - 7 . Also, some people are guessing the MVMCP will start on Nov 8, Sunday, so you'll get to go to one of the first parties if you want.
That would be awesome if they have MVMCP this year!! We've never been! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter